Burns gas like atop fuel dragster!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabadiesel

Hey guys, been enjoying the boat this week to no end, everything works really good except for the steering, I will have to replace the cable (need help finding cable).

Well we have been going out Dailey and it just seems to use a lot of fuel. I fish out of a 23foot pursuit with a 225 ETECH that burns as much ATS the seadoo. Well my question is if the temp sensor is bad will it cause the engine to burn more fuel?

Thanks for the help again!

The 240 Merc Sport jet will drink up to 27 gal/hr at WOT. So... as above... they are thirsty. But... dow around 4000 RPM... it should only be around 9.5 gal/hr.

The TPS and port side temp sender have no influence on WOT. BUT... at lower throttle settings... yes... it will cause it to drink more fuel. The port side temp sender is a $30 part... and when it goes bad... it can cause issues. Generally... it's worth changing. If you find your old one is still OK... put it in the tool box, in case the other goes bad. (I did that)

Also... check the TPS for the proper setting, and function. If it's not set right... it will cause the engine to drink more fuel. BUT... keep your fingers crossed that it's not bad. It's almost $500 for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back