BRP Wake Up call - Audio for GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jw-spark

I am not sure how many out there own a late model GTI, but I can’t believe there isn’t an OEM audio system. I bought a 2019 GTI 155 and would really love to have a sound system for when I cruise solo. Traded in my 2018 Spark and remarkably they had an audio solution for it. I am very happy with the upgrade and figured I could find an audio system either OEM or after market. After many hours of research and contacting BRP I am high and dry. They did reply that there were YouTube videos on solutions. Most of which I had already watched.

I went back to the dealer and asked what it would take to adapt the Spark portable to the GTI. They told me let September that they had no mounting adapters in stock but had them on order for the spring. I have to believe that the mount can be customized to fit on my GTI.

If anyone out there has any suggestions that don’t involve hacking the hull please let me know?

Thanks for your reply. One would think with all the GTI’s out there that my post would get more action [emoji6]

Last edited:
Have you looked into a universal mount i see people using that bolt to the small storage compartment lid in which you can attach a Bluetooth speaker?

Have you looked into a universal mount i see people using that bolt to the small storage compartment lid in which you can attach a Bluetooth speaker?

I’ve seen some solutions using the glovebox lid but haven’t found a powerful enough Bluetooth speaker to work on a long cruise. I often take destination lunch cruises that approach the one hour mark. Just nice to have some tunes on the journey. I have a JBL Clip 3 that I tried but it’s barely audible at speed.

One of the solutions I saw using the lid involved cutting two speakers into it and installing a receiver within it. Least intrusive install with better sound and easily undone with a new lid.

I see the new 2020 GTI now has an OEM sound system but it doesn’t look like it fits the older GTI’s. Guessing BRP got enough complaints [emoji2]. I may try working with my dealer to see if it can be retrofitted to my unit. Just hard to believe there’s no ready to install system.

I have the jbl clip from my old 2stroke and would agree, not very loud at speed. There is a pill looking model I see others using with the mount I mentioned but don't know the name which could be the larger jbl unit

I have the jbl clip from my old 2stroke and would agree, not very loud at speed. There is a pill looking model I see others using with the mount I mentioned but don't know the name which could be the larger jbl unit

I have not seen the universal mount or may have and just not noticed it.

The irony of this is there are very few solutions for audio that I’ve been able to find. I just wish BRP would wake up and make a mounting plate to accommodate the portable system on the Spark. It’s a great idea and does not drain the battery of the Wave Runner. I listened to it when I was at the dealer trading in my Spark for the GTI. It’s 50W so it’s loud but not too loud. I am not looking to mask all other sounds around me.

If I don’t find something by the end of February the dealer is going to loan me the mounting kit for a Spark that I will see if I can possibly incorporate into a fiberglass mount that I will contour to the bow. I think I can make it work with 2-4 bolt down points. It would not be too intrusive on the hull and easily removed.

Depending on how it comes out I may look to market them for older machines. I have to believe there is a demand for a solution that doesn’t require putting a hole saw to you hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back