Broke the Radio Cover on my New Speedster! :(

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheappc

Well I knew it was bound to happen, so it looks like it shouldnt be expensive, I looked everywhere, amazon, ebay, cant find any to the actual oem one that I can just replace the cover?

Anyone have a link?

Broke mine on second day of using my 2011 speedster. Dealer quoted $160 plus labour to replace with new one (!!!) since "cosmetic" items are covered under warranty for 12 months only. If your speedster is less than year old they should be able to replace for you. If anyone figures out cheaper option pls let know here.

overall I am finding build quality of the speedster cosmetic (plastic) somewhat mediciore. The following things got broken within first 25 hours of the boat usage:

- radio cover
- rear storage pull opener inside the driver storage, the plastic pull handle snapped in half exposing small rod for which I need to use plyers to pulk up each time I want to open rear storage
- the big plastic insert with BRP logo inside steering wheel is coming out
- the driver side arm rest keeps snapping off
-the key lock for the cooler comparment got stuck in pressed in position and now cannot be locked / closed

is it only me or the overall quality of the new seadoos got worse. Are they still made in Canada? I know friend of mine who has 2005 sporster says his is made in canada and he swears by the top notch build qiality of his boat...

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk

LOL, well, I believe that every major manufacturer over the years has gotten worse, the only major manufacturer who hasn't gotten that bad is BMW (even though they are still guilty). I believe even Toyota has gotten a little worse. Its all economics and squeezing every penny out of anything, its pretty sad.

Im here to confirm to everyone that old sportster I believe, was made "better" than my new speedster. crazy4h2o You are absolutely right that the new speedster are made by less reliable materials.

That said, the Radio Cover was my fault, I knew it was bound to happen, since Im learning how to dock, etc, I asked my friend to remove something while I was riding and he broke it off by mistake, I wasnt going to get mad, since I know its just a cover, and I seen them on ebay for $11.00, I actually found a "better" version by "jensen" for $21 shipped to me, but I have to replace the whole cover.

But for now all I want is to replace the radio cover, since nothing else broke.. does any one out there know?

I FOUND IT!!!!

HAHAHAHAAH I CANT BELIEVE IT! I FOUND THE OEM ONE!

HERE IS THE LINK:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARINE-RADIO-STEREO-SPLASH-COVER-FOR-BOATS-INSTALL-KIT-FIVE-OCEANS-/280761735874?pt=US_Marine_Audio&hash=item415eb41ac2&vxp=mtr

its called the MARINE RADIO-STEREO SPLASH COVER FOR BOATS - INSTALL KIT - FIVE OCEANS

$14.95 buck plus $3.48 shipping, ordered..

OK the $9 piece arrived, it wasnt the exact OEM oh oh :(, however, I should have went with my first choice up there, that looks to be the exact OEM, it has the complete sizes and rulers and diagram, so I will determine first if its exactly the same one...

so it would be $17 out the door, (im going to keep the $9 one for back up)

Read a story about a Lexus battery for a key fob that was $100+ and you can get one from Panasonic for $16. Frustrating...know they want to make a buck..but at least they would kiss you first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that build quality is not near the quality of older speedsters and challengers! It's sad because I had a 97 c1800 ,now have a 2012 c180 se and the new boat doesn't come close to quality off old boat!i. Curious how this 3 cylinder supercharged engine puts out 255 Hp
And how long it will last revving at 8000 rpm ,4 cycle? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Bad news, the first option did not work, im waiting for the second option...

Ok - good to know. Let us know if the second options works ... even if the screws don't line-up perfectly you could drill new holes. I did that for my replacing the stock speakers with infiniti speakers and it worked great.

Good find, the dealer installed the second one for free.. Oh well... It's not the same it's lighter, but since I got my new remote I hardly use the actual radio

The plastic hinges are a joke on these radio covers. I broke one and replacement came out with a broken hinge. I didn't bother with returning it, but I used the velcro on the sides to keep it secured. I ordered the "Boss" brand and it worked for 2003 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back