Brand New 4-Tech Engine and P0-326 knock sensor trip(s)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FOCOhalsoft

Brand New 4-tec 1503, XX Supercharged, Riva Intercooler, 42 lb injectors, Custom High Altitude Advanced Tune, 4" fresh air intake, 4 break in hours on engine...

Every single time I rev past 8000 RPM I trip the knock sensor, P0-326. The engine sounds and runs perfect at any RPM below 8000. I am told with the configuration I have I should be seeing 8300 RPM at my altitude... We checked for detonation and bad fuel, no detonation signs, and the fuel is now 105 octane.

My sensors and ecu for this engine are from 2007, and the boat was originally a seadoo speedster 215scic. It has been re-flashed with a new tune as stated above...

My next steps will be replacing the knock sensor, checking the fuel PSI, and injector flow rate, and then see if it happens again...

Anyone have any other ideas???

What octane fuel are you using? You should be running 91 or higher, especially if she's tuned.
Knock is caused by pre-ignition. Pre-ignition happens when the fuel is ignited by heat and/or pressure before the plugs fire.

Could be a bad knock sensor. If they're cheap to replace, then I'd give it a try. If it still throws a code, you'll need to look into the ECM and/or tune parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back