Brand new 2020 gti 170 just stalled with only 1.5 hrs on it.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cholber1

My son and I bought brand new seadoo’s and first ride today and only an hour and a half into it his just stalls while on plane. Was watching tthe throttle not to go wot until broke in. After it stalled tried to start it and it just clicks. The battery light came on and no codes. ALso we get it back to home. And I have the battery trickle charger on it. Its full of oil and coolant is good. Any body have this happen to them. Im hoping for a faulty battery. Dealer was closed when this happened so i will call them first thing in the morning. Anybody seen this? Thanks

Well so far nothing stuck in pump and with full charge on battery motor is probably locked up. Service manager already put claim into brp and talked with rep. Motors are in stock. 3 to 5 days to get one also mechanic waiting on it to get there to diagnose issue. Sounds like there on it and its still here in the water. Hope all goes smooth to get it back.

I've seen a few posts now about GTI 170s blowing up. Pull your plugs and see what they look like. Post a pic here if you can.

Took it back to dealer. The rod bolt came loose and jammed the piston into the head. Crank jammed into it also. Brp must know about this issue. They didnt bat an eye. There sending a brand new motor with harness,ecm, and fuel inj on it. Will be here end of this week. So should have it back next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back