Brand new 2018 sea doo spark trixx not getting any power.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Kaden B

So we just bought 2 new 2018 sea doo spark trixx's like 3 days ago.
We took them out for a little bit on the way home from picking them up because we couldnt resist. Both worked great. So we loaded them up and went home because it was still kinda cold.

Fast forward to today. I went out to check something out on them. I was powering it off of auxiliary power (engine not on). So we had it like this for maybe 30 seconds. No more than 60 seconds. The engine was not on so we weren't worried about overheating it or anything. So when we were done we pressed the off button (instead of pulling the tether off.) then went inside. Later we went to check it out once more (I know, we were excited though). We plugged in the tether and pressed the on button and absolutely nothing happened. No power to anything. At all. No sounds, the display didn't come on, no beeps. Nothing.

It's worth noting all this happened on the same spark. We Never touched the other one.

We checked the other one and that one worked fine.

We have hardly rode either of them. I have a hard time believing anything is actually broken because they are literally brand new.

Im thinking maybe the battery is dead. I stuck it on a trickle charger for about 15 minutes and still nothing. Is this not long enough?

Sorry for the long post. It's just these are brand new, 2018 sparks and one of them isn't starting up. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Why were you powering a brand new ski off an "auxiliary power". I don't understand what you were doing.

There is a chance you fried the computer depending what this "auxiliary" power was. IF you suspect the battery just pull it from the working ski and try.

I'm not sure what powering off auxiliary power means? Did you hook up jumper cables to a car battery for some reason? I am not sure exactly why but hooking these up to jumper cables can fry the computer as stated above. Take it back to the dealer and I wouldn't tell them you hooked it up to any other power source or they likely won't warranty it.

I'm not sure what powering off auxiliary power means? Did you hook up jumper cables to a car battery for some reason? I am not sure exactly why but hooking these up to jumper cables can fry the computer as stated above. Take it back to the dealer and I wouldn't tell them you hooked it up to any other power source or they likely won't warranty it.

By auxiliary power, I mean the display was on, but the engine was not. Its the same thing as if you got in your car, and turned the key on half way so all the electronics turned on, but the engine did not.

so we got on it, put on the tether, pressed the button so it beeped twice and the display came on, and then we shut it off without turning on the engine.

I have also gotten it to turn on since writing the original post, but since then, nothing.

we also took the battery out of the one that isn't working and connected it to the one that is and it came on. it's not the battery. we also checked all the fuses and none of them are blown. not sure what it could be at this point.

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but if they are brand new why haven’t you returned to the dealer for assistance????

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but if they are brand new why haven’t you returned to the dealer for assistance????

We just simply havent had time. We live about an hour away from the nearest dealership. We are taking it in tomorrow morning however. When they get it fixed I will update this page so that anyone who may have this problem ( however unlikely) be able to see it.

Please let us know. It should be interesting to hear what they find.

So the sea doo has actually been fixed for a bit already, but I completely forgot to update you guys until now.
It didn't take them long to find the problem at all.
After testing the fuses again with an actual multimeter we found out that the ECU was only getting about 8 volts of power when it should have been getting 12 volts.

We took it in the next day and let them handle it.
As it turns out, some how one of the wires that lead to the ECU had an eyelet that broke so obviously it wasn't getting enough power. It didn't take them long to find and the whole repair process was done within a couple hours.

So they are both fixed now. Unfortunately, the weather is so bad that we still can't take them out on a ride. Oh well, at least the sea doo is fixed. Can't control the weather!
Thanks everyone who offered any assistance to the issue. Even if we couldn't fix it. It just shows that people are willing to help. So thanks! Have a great day!

Back