Brand New 2018 RXP-X 300 | Issues already.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was my third time on the water with my brand new 2018 RXP-X 300 and the iBR system failed with a code of “c2102”. I’m extremely impressed with the performance but I’m nervous about the reliability now. (This is my first SeaDoo). I’ll keep you guys posted.

me too. brand new 2018 gti SE out of the box, first time in water, within 10 minutes IBR failed and stuck in R. had to go back to dock in R and never went into F since August. ibr gate stuck completely down, tech tried to disconnect ibr gate, and no codes even went off, computer said nothing was wrong with IBR at all. took him 3 hours trying to recalibrate and remove fuses, and no codes still. finally after hours, it threw 3 codes. 1 was for left throttle lever failure. he is going to replace that, and see what else.
i am pissed off. what reliability does this ski have? its brand fucking new! and i left yamaha for this.
keep me posted on what happened to yours. i will do same.

It seems like these skis are having electronic issues. Here’s an update on my ski. After three weeks in the shop and my tech going back and forth with SeaDoo about how to fix it, (they put 5 new iBR systems on my ski and my ski rejected all of them) so they ended up deciding it’s a firmware issue in the ECU of the ski so my dealer swapped and gave me a brand new ski. (Mine was still in breakin period at only 5 hours) The owner of my local dealer is a great guy and said it shouldn’t be my problem after spending over $19,500 on a brand new machine (and warranties and maintenance plans) I shouldn’t be missing the whole season so he found one in another state and brought it in. He is going to fight SeaDoo over it. The tech that worked on my ski told me he’s owned and riden skis for years and his opinion was that SeaDoo’s have the best performance, handling and speed etc...but they are the least reliable.

I totally agree with that mechanic on seadoo reliability. The have the most performance and new tech but not the reliability or warranty support of Yamaha.

agree with reliability factor. seadoo thumbs down. my gut said try seadoo this time, all my friends ride them. my SD gti se is a 2018 and 10 minutes in water and IBR broke. my yamaha ran for 8 years, just changed oil and winterized-never one issue. yamaha will run forever. ..seadon't. GTI still in shop, 2 weeks now...season is over...f'in pissed.

That's why I decided to keep my old 2-stroke after purchasing a brand new one in July. Mine too has issues but not mechanical (assembling/manufacturing issues).

Wow. Sorry to hear of your troubles, fellas. Totally sucks. I began to question reliability as well when 3 minutes into the water, my spark began overheating. Needless to say, once back at the dealer, they wanted to crack the engine block. So, they replaced and I went with 2 GTI SE130s. No problems thus far with these boats. Hope the future holds true with the no or few problems. Is the RXP 300 a new boat this year?

2018 RXP with every issue from cosmetic to mechanical. Rub rails fell off... exhaust overheated and melted sensors out, fuel pump problems and even sank from a manufacturing defect and brp basically told me to shove it. Their quality is absolute garbage and customer service worse.

I have to report that they completely fixed mine. The replaced all decals (I was not even asking for a full replacement but a decent patch). They fixed my mirror and they replaced the cover that had fingerprints stamped on it during the painting process.

I am starting to wonder if it is not related more to the dealer than the manufacturer. Mine was fixed in Haswkesbury, Ontario. Maximum Powersports. Top service from that dealer.

Benji.

Yeah I just bought a new 2018 rxp X 300 and the first time I wrote it I was so impressed with it and then 15-20 minutes into it the side bumper trim piece came undone so they took it for 3 weeks fixed it put a new one on put it back in the water and the second time I rode it it popped off again so now it's back in the shop been almost a week but I've owned it for a little bit over a month and every three times pretty upset but I enjoyed it thoroughly when I actually was able to ride it but I'm about had it with their customer service very frustrating

2018 RXP with every issue from cosmetic to mechanical. Rub rails fell off... exhaust overheated and melted sensors out, fuel pump problems and even sank from a manufacturing defect and brp basically told me to shove it. Their quality is absolute garbage and customer service worse.

I have an RXT 300 which did have a clamp issue for the water that was drawn into the engine bay to cool the exhaust/intercooler. The clamp came off the tubes and water filled the engine compartment. The dealer came and picked it up, tested it, and It was an easy fix. It runs with no issues and it was very good out of the box. Now given you had yours sink, and had all these issues, I find it hard to believe BRP would not honour its warranty. What do you mean BRP "basically" told you to shove it? What was the reason for that? What did you do in response?

Last edited:
I have a 2017 rxpx 300 and had a pretty good first summer with it (2017). Then last summer early July there was a hole that blew through the supercharger hose. Since getting it back from the dealership we’ve only had issues since, once we got it back it started to sink, so brought it back to the dealer ship 2 more times and they said they fixed it but it happened again both times. Then the end of August the engine completely blew, didn’t get it back from the dealership with a brand new engine until November so didn’t get to test it out, took it out for a couple rides this season so far and now there’s issues with it again it’s back at the dealership. Not sure what’s going on this time yet but for spending $19500 on a seadoo I expected it to be better than this

Somebody told me a story yesterday about a friend who bought a supercharged Sea-Doo some years ago and who had only issues. It sank six times. The ski would always be at the dealer. In the end, the dealer gave him his money back.

I am starting to think that these supercharged models are just too complex.

Yep haven’t seen mine in 9 months. The dealers hands are tied by BRP. They gave me some bs that that can’t water test. And I wouldn’t be riding since it’s winter. Well that’s funny because I’ve been all over the states on trips with my other machines. Anyway..... just got word that my engine is blown and waiting for a new one. Thanks BRP for taking my 20k for 9 months and still no machine.

They said it’s their mandate to repair the unit to factory standards. I’ve completely lost my mind on them. BRP also said under no circumstances do they purchase units back even tho I have found 6 in the past few months and they like to slap gag orders on the owners

I previously had a 2006 Honda aquatrax that had 0 issues, it had a turbo on it and the only maintenance we ever had to do was oil changes and winterizing. We wanted to upgrade to a new one after owning the Honda for 10 years and since Honda doesn’t make skis anymore decided we would go with brp, growing up I was always a Polaris/Suzuki/Honda girl so this is my first experience with brp and I’m not impressed. Not to mention my aquatrax was half the price of the rxpx.

They said it’s their mandate to repair the unit to factory standards. I’ve completely lost my mind on them. BRP also said under no circumstances do they purchase units back even tho I have found 6 in the past few months and they like to slap gag orders on the owners
Do you have any thing like a Lemon law? Here in california the dealers only get a certain amount of tries to fix it or a set amount of time then they have to basically refund your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back