Bought some Smart Trim Plates for the boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy

So after taking this boat out a couple of times and having the wife complain about the bouncing at 25 mph....I decided to look into a solution....joined this group and found a ton of help.
Unfortunately no one here in Alberta stocks any type of trim plate so off to Amazon I went.....$220.00 later and a set of the Smart Tabs......I hope they make a difference.

Can't speak to the Smart Tabs, but I added some fixed position tabs made by a local machinist for me......a WORLD of difference in the bouncing!! In fact, there is NO bouncing/porpoising anymore. But, I picked up a pretty significant pull to port that requires quite a bit of countersteer to starboard when underway on plane. I figured out how to compensate for that to some extent, by increasing the port engine RPMs more than the starboard. Lost a little bit of top-end speed on WOT, but she now cruises comfortably around 30MPH and runs over other wakes like a champ! AND, she finally feels safe!

Can't speak to the Smart Tabs, but I added some fixed position tabs made by a local machinist for me......a WORLD of difference in the bouncing!! In fact, there is NO bouncing/porpoising anymore. But, I picked up a pretty significant pull to port that requires quite a bit of countersteer to starboard when underway on plane. I figured out how to compensate for that to some extent, by increasing the port engine RPMs more than the starboard. Lost a little bit of top-end speed on WOT, but she now cruises comfortably around 30MPH and runs over other wakes like a champ! AND, she finally feels safe!
New Nauticus SX9510-30 Smart Tab SX Trim Tabs 9.5 X 10 f/12 - 15 Boats w/20-35 H | eBay

This is what I used. Only one, right on the center of the boat. I had to modify/drill a hole for the drain, then used longer screws and mounted the threaded floor drain mount on the outside of it. I caulked it very well, and it takes the porposing right out.
Note: Cruise at about 32mph and most of it goes away anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back