Bought Another Jet Ski!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanagonguy

Well today I found another Jet ski, It's a 1996 Sea doo SPX in very good shape for 1100 dollars. 2 years ago the previous owner had a brand new engine installed. He sold it because it wouldn't start. It turned out to be a wire going to the starter solenoid had broken from corrosion. I repaired the wire and she fired right up. Anyway thanks for listening to me ramble.

Attachments

• 20210819_183002.jpg
    20210819_183002.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210819_182955.jpg
    20210819_182955.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 29
That's actually a '97. '96 SPX had the 717 and was turquoise and white. Congrats on the purchase, sounds like a good deal and lucked out on the fix! She looks mint. Great ski!

That's actually a '97. '96 SPX had the 717 and was turquoise and white. Congrats on the purchase, sounds like a good deal and lucked out on the fix! She looks mint. Great ski!
Yea buddy he made a deal right there !!!

On a side note, I got one in the yard I paid $50 for. :) I was gonna toss it but forum member say it is the best one.... what do I know. I kept and it's still on my restore list. :D

Thanks for letting me know its actually a 97 year model I took it out yesterday and rode for an hour or so and it ran like a sewing machine it was pretty quick to which really surprised me seeing the ski is on the smaller size. The guy I got it from said this model is more popular than others. Is there a specific reason that people try and buy one of these if they can?

Throw a grate on it and watch ebay for some extended trim tabs. Those two things will make it much easier to ride in anything but dead flat water (keep pump loaded and nose from trying to point to the sky nonstop). The grate will make the biggest difference, even just a cheap solas. Leave the motor alone if it runs good. Are the fuel lines grey? You may wanna change them if they are. Modern fuel disintegrates the original grey lines from the inside out and will plug up the carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back