Boost Performance Chip

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am wondering about it too... seems a little too easy...

But would be nice to get a little more oomph from my Utopia.

I'm looking at this performance chip (info below) for my Utopia 205 boat, wondering if anyone has tried it. It costs $65. thoughts/comments welcome, thanks.

D-BOOST PERFORMANCE CHIP SEA-DOO UTOPIA
ADJUSTABLE PERFORMANCE CONTROL* TUNE UP YOUR EFI JET

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D-BO...20390808958QQptZPersonalQ5fWatercraftQ5fParts

Dyno-BOOST is a fully adjustable performance fuel controller designed for fuel injected PWC's. It tricks signals being read by the ECU, resulting an adjustment to the fuel curve, which is what causes the increase in HP, as well as improves acceleration and throttle response within the entire RPM range, simply wires inline with factory IAT (Intake Air Temperature) or MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor and plugs into the O2 sensor harness on models having it. Crisp acceleration, much more horsepower and torque, lower quarter mile times and fine throttle response. Installation is easy, no special tools or expertise required. Gain +15-35 additional HP, and extremely dynamic acceleration by up to 30 %. This mod will not affect engine reliability or endurance. Dyno-BOOST tricks the ECU thinking the intake air much more cooler, then the ECU will send more fuel for a richer mix besides if the current vehicle has oxygen sensor it blocks restrictions generated by the ECU.

These vehicle specific chips are sorted into several categories according to relevant sensors' operating ranges. If you don't find your fuel injected application please contact us.

Dyno-Boost is not available to carb models.

FEATURES OF MAGNUM Dyno-BOOST PERFORMANCE CONTROL CHIP MODULE:

* Improves engine output by up to 15 % per adjustment.
* Enhances Nm, throttle response, acceleration and torque in the full RPM range.
* Performance level setting from 0 - 100 %.
* You can set the preferred higher air/fuel ratio than the stoichiometric fuel mix.
* Unit can be switched, breaking +12 V feeding voltage. (switch not included)
* INTEGRATED O2 - OXYGEN SENSOR SIGNAL CONTROL to avoid undesired restriction of ECU (by models fitted with oxygen sensor only)
* Peak up acceleration and dynamism by up to 30 %.
* Results higher top end speed.
* Long duration - 10-year warranty.
* Easy universal 20-minute installation.
* Immediate effect, switchable on the ride
* Reduces flat spots and diminish delay time when rev up.
* It does not affect engine endurance or reliability.
* Bright red light design

WORKING THEORY
Dyno-BOOST will supply modified signals to your Jet's ECU. The ECU then adjusts air/fuel ratio and secondarily timing advance curves to new performance settings, in addition this MAGNUM upgrade does have an absolutely outstanding O2 sensor control circuit integrated into the unit for those editions having oxygen sensor.
This control panel helps to block undesired restriction generated by the ECU.

It tricks the ECU thinking the intake air much more cooler, then the ECU will send more fuel for a richer mix besides if the current vehicle has oxygen sensor it tricks its signal to avoid ECU safe mode and low performance.

Why should ECU limit the mixture's air fuel ratio?

The answer is simple, ECU is calculating the air/fuel ratio also per all sensors' signal, and the last and most important respected control step is the oxygen content in the exhaust gas. If O2 sensor delivers fuel rich signal to the ECU, HP-gain will be limited.
Our evaluation does not let the Oxygen Sensor delivering fuel rich signal accordingly ECU will allow the advanced injection.

There is no risk of any damage to the engine or electrical parts since the modified sensor signal will always remain within the manufacturer's recommended specifications. The unit works in conjunction with your Jet Ski's ECU and will not affect engine reliability at all. This worldwide unique Performance Chip Module can even quickly be switched, removed or re-installed at any time.

Comparison

Dyno-BOOST is a strictly engineered unit, outperforms other mods. OUR TECH TEAM PROVIDES FULL 7-DAY TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

Questions...?

I'm not to sure about this. It sounds like it could be a gimmick. Anything purchased on the internet has a probably of not truely working according to specs.

Why I question it. Imagine on a lawn mower, when you first start it. You have to pull the choke. When you do this, your changing the fuel/air ratio because the engine and inlet air for combustion are cold. Once the engine warms, you'll have to start pushing the choke in to lean out the fuel. Now, if you pull this choke to that original setting you used for starting when it's know hot, the engine will idle rough. and sometimes, die out.

The Merc's M-2, 210 hp engine uses a feature called "turn key enrichment" which does this same thing the chip says it does. But, it changes the fuel mixture as the engine heats up and to the air intake by the sensor.

The temperature of your air flow to the engine does matter. As you know, it's harder to build a fire outdoors in the winter than it is in the summer. But once the fire is hot, anything will burn.

Rotax has these engines set up for max performance and efficiently. I know you can mod them correctly, changing several component parts to meet the requirements of each other (like if you change the flame arrestor, you have to rejet the carbs) but to say that one change, enriching the fuel, will add 35+ horsepower................I have some doubts that it could be so easy...:cheers:

I have used these on cars before.
Each sensor has an operating range before the ecu displays it as a faulty sensor. All the chip does is confuse the ecu into thinking that the mixture needs to be richer. So it dumps more fuel into the motor. More fuel more power. (sometimes)

If the tide is right and the moons are aligned and holding your tongue out in just the right way, you may feel a difference. You will notice it in fuel use though.

I love the water proof teminals that come with it though. I reckon I could count to 10 and they would green out and also change the signal to the ecu. :rofl:

Put the money towards a set of spark plugs and good fuel instead

:rant:

basically all your buying is a resistor. if you want to save some money take an ohm reading of your IAT sensor and add more resistance in series,all by using a potentiometer you could buy from radio shack. it tells the ecu that air is much cooler. it's a scam. there are other ways to get more pony's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got sucked in to this resistor for my chev. Like everyone says ...it fools the engine to think its cold, adding more fuel.I removed it because of poor gas milage.

one that works

Buddy of mine has diesel truck and put a bulldog, i think it is called, computer in there. Talk about a major differeance, this thing will smoke the tires. The truck is factory down tuned to get passed epa standards and all. The bully dog says screw it and gives it everything it can take. It also has a switch that will bypass the bully dog and go back to stock so he can pass emissions. This thing was no $65.00 though.

The reason why we have 4tec now is emissions. The standards are high and getting higher. This causes manufacturers to down tune to pass them.

I am by no means endorcing the $65.00 chip. Never had one, never heard of anyone having one. Just throwing this out. :cheers:

I have the bullydog in my chev diesel. works great but $900 CAN. I wish seadoo had somthing but typically those chips work better in diesels.

there is a software upgrade, powerchip inc. or sumtin. they reflash your ecu but its not cheap and I just dont seem to think its worth it. might be just me tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back