Boats house piling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Here in Florida, I have installed 20 foot poles, 10" in diameter, 7' deep in the silt bottom. Here every thing is sand so a 5 horse water sump pump with a 3" diameter end on a 8 feet length aluminum pipe, is enough to shoot the sand out while you set the polls. It takes about 20 minutes to set a pole using the water pressure. If necessary The last foot or so is driven with a heavy weight off a 25' high boom that is used to lower the pole in place. Cost here to have it done is like $250.00 a pole and $250.00 to set each one.($500.00 each.) I have a friend that did my pole work with my help, when I revamped my 2 boat lifts. I did my first lift pictured in my avatar last spring.

Karl

No the 3" diameter pipe is what sprays the water. You set it on the bottom and it blows the sand away and makes a hole to set the pole in. You need a barge with a crane like boom to lift the pole straight up to set it in place. You keep pushing the aluminum pipe in deeper till you can set the pole in, to the correct building code, which here for a boat lift is 7' deep. The pump is just a common sump pump with a hose in the water with a strainer end, and the other end to the 3" aluminum pipe. I have no pictures... You will need a contractor to do your job. That's not a do it your self project. Here we have to get a permit from DEP,( Dept of environmental conservation) and a building permit before work is started.

Karl

If you use Karl's idea you have to pay him the first $150,000 you make on it.:rofl::rofl:

Life's a beach here in Florida everyday...notice the winter cover over my speedster in my avatar...oh yea, I don't need one...:rofl:

Karl :)

Back