boat launch at long point

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
A quick Internet search revealed:

The community of Leamington is situated just west of Long Point and named the Tomato Capital of Canada. Standing true to its name, Leamington has a huge tomato as its official town information booth. Boaters can easily access its busy townsite from its municipal marina, which offers a length capacity of 120 feet plus overnight dockage, pump out facilities, a launch ramp, fuel and shorepower. Simply moor there for the night to enjoy great shopping and dining or check out the Leamington Arts Centre in the old Post Office/Customs building.

Or this place:

http://www.oldcut.com/services.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
ya old cut is inside the cove on the wrong side you would have to drive all the way around and have someone meet you on other side with gas. and leamington is a huge drive to im surprised there isnt on in between leamington and long point

I haven't been able to find a public launch. I wonder if some of those houses on Hastings Dr would have a private launch they'd let you use.

I would like to know if there is a launch on the West side of long point as well. Thats where all the waves are. Today shows 10 FT waves hitting long point beach area.

I think you're all nuts lol. I wouldn't trust my boat on that side. There has to be a launch somewhere though. I bet if u tossed someone a few bucks you'd be allowed to use their private launch.

i went there there all private theres tones of launches i asked a half dozen or more offered 50$ and they wouldn't let me saying its there buddies and they have to lock it up. i found one with a big chain on it it isnt locked i just slipped chain off. i tryed got stuck lol i got pulled out buy some guy he was just visiting lookin to buy a cottage. that side is mostly calm and the beach is the best on erie. i ended up going in the bay and drove to pottahawk nice place ruff water tho not a comfortable ride. i give up on my dream of rippin up the beach side if someone were to open a public launch they could charge large and i would pay !!

Back