2008 rxp 215 - newly rebuilt supercharger- only 51mph! help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

andyak

So after a long delay I finally got back my rebuilt supercharger from 2008 rxp215 - Ski only has 41 hours on it and looks like new! old supercharger had the gold colored wear washers and I wanted to make sure I had it rebuilt before I started using the ski.

Got it all reassembled and went to the lake - Got a good initial launch after no wake zone and then it turned into surges of boost and after continued runs it maxes out at around 6100 rpm and 52mph and does not launch like it should!

Any ideas on anything it could possibly be other than the supercharger? I am out weeks of waiting and shipping and the time to take out and reinstall super etc....

really bummed! Thanks in advance for any help!

Andy

Last edited:
Check the look of the plugs , at 6100 rpm you have a problem , maybe old fuel but I'd doubt that. Looking at the plugs is like taking temperature when you're sick , it can tell you alot.

Change your plugs and I'll bet it will run like new. Don't just look at them because they will probably look fine. The surging is the typical failure mode for those plugs and they fail often.

The gold washers in the sc were the original replacements that BRP used for the ceramics starting in 2008 and worked well. so most likely your sc has never been rebuilt so it was well overdue.

Back