Bleeding gtx oil lines.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vogs77

I have my carbs off for rebuild and I am going to replace the small oil lines too. Does it make any sense to pull the plugs out and crank it with the carbs off to bleed the lines. I did not replace the larger supply line so the pump will not need to be bled. I can hold the pump full open and crank it to see oil being pushed through the lines this way.

Sorry typo. Run it on the hose and pull the pump wide open. It will fill the lines pretty quick

I just pulled the plugs, sprayed some wd40 in cylinders and intake and ran pump on high while cranking and in a few minutes, the lines were full

Sorry I wasn’t clearer. I did this over a 30 min time- running for 15 seconds or so and then letting it rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Sprayed more wd40 and repeated. Starter stayed cool and took about 4 times doing this to fully fill the lines. As you said though prolonged running without stopping could damage the starter by over heating it.

I have my carbs off for rebuild and I am going to replace the small oil lines too. Does it make any sense to pull the plugs out and crank it with the carbs off to bleed the lines. I did not replace the larger supply line so the pump will not need to be bled. I can hold the pump full open and crank it to see oil being pushed through the lines this way.
I have a question. How are you removing the "wing" clamps on the small injection lines, and what will you use to re-fasten the small oil lines? I am not familiar with these clamps, or what tool will be needed.

On my gtx I wa able to pull the lines off without too much of a problem without doing anything to the clamps. On my gsx I used a small screwdriver to open the clamp just a bit and the lines pulled right off. I just used a pair of needle nose pliers to crimp each side flat.

I used small zip ties on the lines. I also bled it by cranking it with plugs out and carbs off. No stress on the starter this way. I did it in multiple sessions giving it a rest in between, didn’t take long holding pump on full. I also used fogging spray to lube cylinders and rotary valve.

Total overkill. To bleed just start it and let it idle while holding the pump arm wide open.

The engine has enough residual oil in it and requires basically nothing at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back