Black Ski Pylon Pole Removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Clabornjm

2014 GTX155. Anyone know how to remove the black pole on the ski pylon (the one that the rope attaches to)? I can’t figure out how to get the black pole to release from the silver section it slides into. Handles broke off so I’m trying to replace just the black pole. I’ve tried pushing on the silver buttons on either side. But it doesn’t seem to help. Any help much appreciated.

On mine you just pull it up or push it down, there are detents at the top and bottom but no buttons or release mechanisms. There is a rubber strap on the back side for the detent mechanism you can remove. Sounds like yours might have got bent and if it isn't straight it won't move up or down.

Thanks. Mine works the same way. However, I’m trying to remove and replace the black pole. I have a replacement black pole, but I can’t figure out how to remove it. In the picture below, I'm trying to remove part 42 from part 39 basically. It doesn't want to release from the base pole, even if I push in on the little spring buttons.

Attachments

• ski pylon.png
    ski pylon.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 4
So I'm thinking now that it slides up and down but you just can't get 42 to slide all the way out of 39. Obviously whoever designed it doesn't want that to happen easily when towing a skier. I would suggest possibly try removing the pylon from the ski and see if there is a clip on the bottom of 42 that can be removed when it's fully retracted into 39. There would need to a groove near the bottom of 42 where a clip would sit in. You could look near the bottom of your new 42 and try to figure out what's not letting the old 42 slide out of 39.

Take the pylon out of the ski. Look at the bottom of 39 and you should see a way to get into the tube section. A C clip should be on the bottom of 42. I have not taken mine out to check this but that is the way an engineer would have designed the pylon to prevent 42 from pulling out while in use.

Back