Bimini Top - Finding a Good Design?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

3littlepigs

Hi All,

For some time now I've been interested in a Bimini top for my 97 Speedeter.
I've been neglecting getting one because I only see photos on the Internet and I'm concerned about the quality. Plus, I worry about the intrusiveness of the mounting hardware. The locations and the number is what I'm concerned about. Either getting damaged from bumping into the dock, or physically hurting a passenger snagging on them. Plus I will not be able to trailer the boat with my cover on. I could remove the top considering I tow with the pick-up truck and can store the top in the bed. But even removed it looks like some mounting designs will end up get in the way of my cover. Considering my cover is pretty snug, the hardware may strain it and start ripping holes.
I've seen some designs have the straps(when the top is up) mounting to the front and rear dock cleats. Which greatly limits the hardware I have to add.
Anyone find anything that addresses these concerns? I know it's a lot to ask of this type of product. So far the pros have not out-weighed the cons for me.

Thanks For Your Time.

Go to a local shop that does upholstery and or "Camper ops" and they will make it to fit. Places that make Boat Covers as well. That is where I got mine made for my 27 foot Sea Ray.

Sunbrella still makes them for the 97. I used old promotion photos to mount mine. It held up well the whole time a owned it. The wife loved it and kids never got caught up in the hardware. And I had banged it into a few docks as well, nothing broken. BUT you will not be able to use a cover unless you pull the top off. I used cardboard to cover the hardware if it was covered for more then a day or two.

But 100% worth it, made for very happy wife.

Hi All,

For some time now I've been interested in a Bimini top for my 97 Speedeter.
I've been neglecting getting one because I only see photos on the Internet and I'm concerned about the quality. Plus, I worry about the intrusiveness of the mounting hardware. The locations and the number is what I'm concerned about. Either getting damaged from bumping into the dock, or physically hurting a passenger snagging on them. Plus I will not be able to trailer the boat with my cover on. I could remove the top considering I tow with the pick-up truck and can store the top in the bed. But even removed it looks like some mounting designs will end up get in the way of my cover. Considering my cover is pretty snug, the hardware may strain it and start ripping holes.
I've seen some designs have the straps(when the top is up) mounting to the front and rear dock cleats. Which greatly limits the hardware I have to add.
Anyone find anything that addresses these concerns? I know it's a lot to ask of this type of product. So far the pros have not out-weighed the cons for me.

Thanks For Your Time.
Did you find what you were looking for as I am looking for the same thing for my 97 speedester.
Got any help for me.

nerdybeeguy@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back