Bilge pump 2010 challenger 210

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuck01

Decided to test bilge pump by using the garden hose to place water in the bilge. When the pump got submerged I heard it turn on (made a noise) however it did not pump any water. Also tried manually turning it on with the toggle which did not make a difference. After draining water through the plug the pump turned off. Is my bilge pump not functioning properly? should water start coming through the hull once the pump cuts in? My guess is its not pumping even though it makes a noise. Any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Decided to test bilge pump by using the garden hose to place water in the bilge. When the pump got submerged I heard it turn on (made a noise) however it did not pump any water. Also tried manually turning it on with the toggle which did not make a difference. After draining water through the plug the pump turned off. Is my bilge pump not functioning properly? should water start coming through the hull once the pump cuts in? My guess is its not pumping even though it makes a noise. Any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.
I think you may have a clog or something blocking where it sucks the water. Clear beneath it and try again

The bilge pump is right in front of the drain plug. Shoot your hose through there to see if there is debris blocking is. You should get a steady stream of water out the aft starboard through hull fitting when the pump is running. Zoom in on the red circle in this picture to see what it should look like. Good on you for testing it before you needed it.

7ccfba3cd91f5afa3e2cc04cb69b8cab.jpg

We have the exact same boat, it was unused for sometime when we bought it. We had a similar situation with our bilge pump, I ended up running water from a garden hose through the output fitting of the bilge to clear the blockage. This worked out for us, no issues since. As mentioned sounds like it's plugged somewhere.

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'm gonna bring it to the shop. Did working on the pump involve removing the exhaust?

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'm gonna bring it to the shop. Did working on the pump involve removing the exhaust?

You shouldn't have to remove anything to replace or service the bilge pump. It's pretty straight forward.

The pump is located directly under the exhaust deep in the hull. it looks like to me it be impossible to work on without removing the exhuast. Then again I'm no mechanic

The pump is located directly under the exhaust deep in the hull. it looks like to me it be impossible to work on without removing the exhuast. Then again I'm no mechanic

The bilge pump sits in the little recess dead center of the boat all the way on the bottom of the bilge. All I did to make access easier, was remove the airbox. I simply laid on top of the motors to get access to the pump way in the back.

Granted it's not easy to reach, but it's certainly not buried under the exhaust either........At least not on our 2012 210 SE.

Sounds like the pump is in the same location as mine. It's under a can about 8 inches in diameter and about 20 inches in length.... Muffler?

Update, pump was working fine. However the hose was kinked off. There was quite a bit of excessive hose with a couple of loops in it. Cut it back to the kink and connected to the pump. All is fine now. Glad I checked it, all I was doing for a test prior to filling it with water was flicking the switch and listening for the pump to come on.

Update, pump was working fine. However the hose was kinked off. There was quite a bit of excessive hose with a couple of loops in it. Cut it back to the kink and connected to the pump. All is fine now. Glad I checked it, all I was doing for a test prior to filling it with water was flicking the switch and listening for the pump to come on.

You should make sure you have one loop that goes as high as possible. That is proper bilge pump design. That way, it keeps water from flowing in the tube when you come of throttle in a following sea and the wave comes onto the back deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back