Beware: Ebay new starters are junk!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

va-jim

Just trying to forewarn anyone looking for a new starter. The price is low ($54.75) with free shipping and a 1 year warranty from EBAY (Discount Starter and Alternator/Seller:cgatesdsa) vs. $278 BRP. Stupid me bought the starter and installed, which is a real pain and learned the hard way. Started fine and was used for 2 trips and died. The starter had a rusted positive post along with the rear mounting bolts and was sure to break off eventually if it didn't die prematurely . The gear rusted as well the paint from the housing was beginning to lift from rust. Contacted seller and he tells me to return for inspection ($13 shipping as the location is rural, so you pay more to return via UPS.) So I return in hopes of a refund...NOPE! He takes it apart and says the engine had been flooded and that's why it is so rusted-NEVER HAPPENED! They sent pictures of the disassembled starter and it was rusted, sure was as it was a piece of JUNK! Just hope my experience helps another looking for a cheap price on a starter, as I learned the hard way. You get what you pay for, am out $67.75 plus the pain to replace again with a quality starter.

I almost was tempted by that too, the. The forum members directed me to a great website for seadoo parts! (shopsbt.com) bought a starter for my xp for 100 bucks and works like a charm!

rotaxrule1...thanks for the info on good starters! Will check them out and save over $178. Thanks again-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back