Best reman'd engines? SBT, SES, full Bore?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

r3cc0s

For me, its not about power, but something reliable for my 657x and this will be a winter project

http://www.seadooengineshop.com/ (SES) seems to have an incredible price when compared to SBT, but they don't seem to carry the same reputation

Being that the 657x and older (578, 717, 915) are basically coming to end of life, I was thinking that maybe I'd even buy a provisional one and an extra rebuilt carb as well

thoughts?

So far my rebuilt 951 is running like a bat out of hell. Second season on an SES rebuild. Towed tubes all day yesterday without missing a beat. That is until I ran out of fuel! I dont have any other rebuilds or experience with other builders to compare though.

All three of those companies I have heard complaints about.
SES, I've heard of shoddy craftsmanship, bad weld repairs being sent out, some semi shady shiz with warranty work.
SBT, they're getting slammed every day on any forum for any number of reasons.
Fullbore, it takes a while to get your engine back due to backlog.

I think I know which one I'd go with.

All three of those companies I have heard complaints about.
SES, I've heard of shoddy craftsmanship, bad weld repairs being sent out, some semi shady shiz with warranty work.
SBT, they're getting slammed every day on any forum for any number of reasons.
Fullbore, it takes a while to get your engine back due to backlog.

I think I know which one I'd go with.

this appears to be very true... I've seen alot of bad along with the good with the two top aforementioned companies

I also just called around in town here in Calgary and there is "one guy" who even the dealers and small shops go to, to get their older 2 strokes and sleds rebuilt and is very fair.

This guy happens to be an expert on all the 587, 657 & x, 717, 915 motors and rebuilds everything from the bottom up for about the same prices as I could get from SBT with all the logistic costs for sending in the core etc...

So I'm thinking I'm going to go that way, as he offers warranty on his work and is far easier than trying to ship a block across the country.

I had mine just rebuilt by 5 Star LLC out of Michigan he's a super nice guy and answered all my stupid questions on removal. There running flawless, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back