Best prop for SPX800????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

12nvy

Hi guys by experience what is the best prop for my 97 SPX800?
Proks, jetting and tweaks (so mainly stock). The Solas XO prop or Concord?
Any other suggestions??
Rough water hookup mainly. Maybe more top speed? I Have no worries getting out of the hole (except for porposing and revlimiter action...:rofl:)

Concord Swirl.....

I've heard nothing but good things of the Concord Swirl. Supposedly keeps a good grip of the water in tight turns, changing directions.

Other than that, this thread will probably be a "matter of preference" type opinon........:cheers:

Hi guys by experience what is the best prop for my 97 SPX800?
Proks, jetting and tweaks (so mainly stock). The Solas XO prop or Concord?
Any other suggestions??
Rough water hookup mainly. Maybe more top speed? I Have no worries getting out of the hole (except for porposing and revlimiter action...:rofl:)

Humm.. you said rough water hookup then you said more top speed. There is a slight problem there. It's usually one or the other. If you really want the best rough water hookup I would suggest a Skat swirl.. but you may lose a TAD on the top end.. For best all around performance on your ski the Solas X prop works awesome. If you have a few extra bucks you could try to locate a used 98 RFI pump and slap a X prop in there. You'll get much better hookup especially in the rough and you'll pick up a mile an hour or two. Same rule applies though.. if you want the acceleration nothing beats the Skat swirl.. imo

The Swirl will give you the best bottom end hook up, the XO will give you the best top end speed, and the Concord is somewhere in between.
Personally, I prefer arm stretching acceleration over top speed and therefore recommend the Swirl.
Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back