Best option to seal water leak at support pump (1999 GTX RFI)?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan bennett

I'd really like to avoid removing the support pump since I do not have an alignment tool. With the ski in the water I can see water trickling in from the reverse cable hole, steering cable hole and the bolts holding the support pump to the hull. I thought about just using some ultra black on the inside and outside of the connections, but I found a large piece of the original gasket falling off the bottom of the support pump (in picture). I figured this is causing my leaks since it is not really specific to one connection. To get the ultra black around the bottom edges of the support pump, I'd have to take the ride plate off. Any suggestions on sealing these up?

Attachments

• IMG_3387.png
    IMG_3387.png
    885.4 KB · Views: 21
Are you referring tot he pump shoe? You dont need an alignment tool for anything unless engine is removed.

A tube of Ultra Black silicone is what is used to seal everything up. Removing the shoe is a pita. Start on upper corner where the pump bolts comes thru the hull. Remove the thru hull studs and attached water lines. Then pry the upper corners back and keep pressure there until the silicone breaks apart on its own. It is slow and aggravating. But if you try to force things, that shoe is prone to breaking. I have never broken one yet, but hear some folks have.

Are you referring tot he pump shoe? You dont need an alignment tool for anything unless engine is removed.

A tube of Ultra Black silicone is what is used to seal everything up. Removing the shoe is a pita. Start on upper corner where the pump bolts comes thru the hull. Remove the thru hull studs and attached water lines. Then pry the upper corners back and keep pressure there until the silicone breaks apart on its own. It is slow and aggravating. But if you try to force things, that shoe is prone to breaking. I have never broken one yet, but hear some folks have.

ok awesome, I appreciate that. I read I needed an alignment tool but I guess I was reading the wrong thing. And yeah in the manual they call it a support pump but I believe the pump shoe is the same thing. Plastic piece between the impeller and hull.
I’ll make that a project for this weekend.

ok awesome, I appreciate that. I read I needed an alignment tool but I guess I was reading the wrong thing. And yeah in the manual they call it a support pump but I believe the pump shoe is the same thing. Plastic piece between the impeller and hull.
I’ll make that a project for this weekend.
Hi Ryan, I'm wondering how you made out with this repair. I am facing the same issue on a 98 GTX Limited. The pump support has multiple leaks. It seems that it was not sealed properly to the transom/hull. I would like to remove it, clean it and reinstall with fresh sealant. Hoping to learn from your experience!

Let me know what you used for sealant and any other hard lessons you learned along the way :)

Thanks,

Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back