Before I buy, I'd like some advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwolhar

I am buying new. I chose the winter hoping I could get a bargain, lol. I am considering the Gts 130 or maybe a step or two above.
Is there any room to nego, or ask for free vests or some accessories for free? I realize I am staying around 8 to 10K and it isn't a huge sale, but seeing the dealership fees and destination charges make me feel slighted.....
I sell and in my business cash is king. Does it help to go in with cash instead of financing or are the dealerships getting a kick back for the fn?

I just want to make the most of my purchase because feeling like you got a deal can have long lasting effects .

Thanks

Cash can sway them a bit.

I bought 23 grand worth of two skis and could NOT get two life jackets.

Winter can lower the prices as they need to move inventory. Last years models and to avoid inventory taxes at the first of the year.

Not sure if you're willing to drive but Smith Marine may have some 2013 left overs, here are some on their site. I know your in Delaware but they are about an hour from the Delaware/PA line. You shouldn't have to pay tax since your not registering it here in PA--but ask them. Also ask them if a cash deal will make it sweeter. I know they have something Black, White, and Orange in the show room and something all black, never took notice of what models. I don't really get into the new ones. They also have a 60hp Spark that they just got, $79 a month with zero down. Ask them about the "extra" fees if they charge them. Ask for Jack or Chuck. I could possibly run down there tomorrow and check, I've been meaning to check out the Spark since they called me to tell me it was in.

http://www.smithmarineusa.com/new_v...9R0&ModelYear=2013&Manufacturer=13&DispType=0

Excellent point.

I drove 6 hrs from Ohio to Kalamazoo Michigan.

12 hours total drive, hotel stay using points (so no money out), but saved $5,875 compared to OH prices.

Bought them in 2011. New never titled. 2009 and a 2010.

curiously... you think cash offer's might reduce the cost ?

I thought maybe that a financed offer might help..
it sometimes does at a car dealership because they make money on the financing as well ...

I was always told that if you buy a car at a dealer, negotiate the price under the assumption that you'd finance with the dealer in house, and your more concerned about price than the interest rate, THEN when the price is settled, tell them you've decided to pay cash.

not the case at a power-sports dealer ?

I don't know if this is a fact or an old wives tale, since I don't buy toys (or cars for that matter) unless I have cash, and I avoid dealers like the plague.

I sell furniture skim not sure... At my job, the company pays credit card companies about 3% and the finance company 7 to 12%... But I talked to a boat dealer that told me how they "buy rates" and get kick backs in financed sales.... So I don't know. I feel better going with a dealer and warranty that buying off craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back