before buying 1996 seadoo xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wassaakk

hi guys im new to this jetski and no idea whre to start from, i just have a couple of questions, i found a guy selling a 1996 seadoo xp but one of the cylinder has a low compression, is this a easy fix and is it worth buying for $400, the guys said it starts right up but it needs a new battery,, any answer will be appriciated and if this is not belongs here pls accept my appology

If you hook a battery to it, and it will crank... and all the other electronics work... BUY IT!!!!!

Even if you decide to not fix it... there is $2,000 to $3,000 worth of parts on it. Any time I can get an XP for $800 or less... I buy it and part it out.

thanks doctor, but is it worth fixing it, i want to make this thing run but depend on how much i need to spend to make it run, the guy says one cylinder has 20 psi

thanks doctor, but is it worth fixing it, i want to make this thing run but depend on how much i need to spend to make it run, the guy says one cylinder has 20 psi

It's going to need a top end minimum. A full rebuild at most.

if it's in good shape otherwise... yes, it's worth rebuilding.

I went to see the ski, the ski starts at one click the motor sounds good he let the ski running for 1min bec there is no water but there's a leAk from exhaust manifold and the vts is not working,

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! So over all I will spend 1000$ ! I think I can get a ski for that price and it's in running condition,

Too bad no trailer! Planning to pick it up this weekend! So I think I'll go straight to check the piston/rings or do I need to check for something else first? Do u guys think that bad rave valve will cost a low compression?

it wont cause bad compression. Pullthe head, inspect the pistons, but either way, need to pull cylinders off, and check out to make sure, the "shims" are on each side of rods. If not, you'll need a new crank assy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back