Beep warning sharp turns only 2012 challenger 180 se

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I’ve had a search so apologies if this is redundant.

New to me 2012 seadoo challenger 180 Se 260 Hp. It’s in immaculate condition and runs perfect.

When going high to WO throttle if I turn tight (not full lock) I hear a long beep. If I throttle back it stops and I can resume driving normally.

No warning lights or anything else on dash. No loss of power or anything like that. Is there a fluid sensor. I’m thinking if say oil was low (or other fluid) in a tight turn it may appear low.

All my googling leads to overheating engines and fuel pumps but as said it will accelerate and drive straight all day long.

And insight/direction is appreciated. I’m new to sea doo so only a diy tech in training at this point.

Hi all,

I’ve had a search so apologies if this is redundant.

New to me 2012 seadoo challenger 180 Se 260 Hp. It’s in immaculate condition and runs perfect.

When going high to WO throttle if I turn tight (not full lock) I hear a long beep. If I throttle back it stops and I can resume driving normally.

No warning lights or anything else on dash. No loss of power or anything like that. Is there a fluid sensor. I’m thinking if say oil was low (or other fluid) in a tight turn it may appear low.

All my googling leads to overheating engines and fuel pumps but as said it will accelerate and drive straight all day long.

And insight/direction is appreciated. I’m new to sea doo so only a diy tech in training at this point.
I think it’s fuel level related when you’re turning and the gas is pushed to one side. There may have been a thread about this last year.

@LionOnABeach i reached out to the OG owner and he said the same, said it happens when it’s below half way. I let him know according to the gauge it’s 2/3 to 3/4 full presently and was almost full few weeks ago when it happened too.

Again according to the gauge. I’m still on my first fill as the OG owner was kind enough to leave me with a full tank.

He said to ignore it and have fun that it’s just sensitive fuel float etc. And tbh I’m inclined to believe him, just seems odd to happen when fuel is high (wrt the gauge).

So A) gauge is inaccurate or B) fuel sensor is overly sensitive to turns.

Yeah I’m gonna call this problem “solved”. Fuel sensor is overly sensitive. With the confidence of the OG owner, @LionOnABeach and a little googling i kept on the power and ignored warning alarm to see if it would stop. And it did stop, with throttle high and turning tight the beep stoped after 2sec. Prior to this knowledge/confidence I was backing off throttle the instant it sounded, so didn’t know it was naturally stopping after 2sec. Google confirmed 2sec low fuel warning too.

Overly sensitive and don’t understand why it’s not tied or linked to the digital fuel gauge (the gauge is not dropping low during this alarm) As in if you’ve more than 20% fuel and do a tight turn ignore low fuel warning even if the fuel has sloshed and sensor it singling low, or a delayed reaction at least to account for turning etc. Or just have one tied to the gauge period: fuel below 20% one 2sec alarm, fuel below 10% one 2 sec alarm, below 5% alarm every 10mins or acknowledge option.

Anyway, I had a blast testing the theory today so sometimes troubleshooting can be fun!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back