Battery Time

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

curt698

I have to drop a new battery in my 2006 GTI SE. Most of the sites are selling the battery for around $130.00. Is it necessary to spend that kind of dough or can I go to the Kmart and get a $40.00 battery and call it a day?

Thanks from a newb!
Dave

Sealed batteries are a better way to go with marine use. They do cost more but you get a bit more out of them.

Generally speaking, dirt cheap batteries will get you a year and sometimes two-seasons. They don't hold up to well in the down time (winter).

A 50 to 60 dollar battery will hold out for 2 or 3 years it seems.

Sealed gel batteries are definitely worth the money in my opinion. Especially if the off season is cold like it it up here in MI.

I have to drop a new battery in my 2006 GTI SE. Most of the sites are selling the battery for around $130.00. Is it necessary to spend that kind of dough or can I go to the Kmart and get a $40.00 battery and call it a day?

Thanks from a newb!
Dave

Don't know where in Michigan you are but stay away from Walmart batteries.
Dr. Honda loves the Sears diehard one, K-Mart should carry them now too.
Advance Auto has online coupons, you must register before buying, then just go to the store you chose and pick it up.

In my neighborhood...Webster's sells an oem battery for $120...Virgil's for $90.

Guess which I went with?

Shop around.

The shake and vibration is hell on a wet cell battery plus you don't want the possibility of a hydrogen gas build up in your bilge do ya? Go sealed and safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back