Battery Maintainer/Charger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

earnhardtjp

Need help choosing a good battery maintainer/charger. I was looking at the BatteryMinder Plus but heavy price tag. Thanks

There are a lot of chargers out there. I find you get what you pay for . The smaller the trickle charge the better so as not to surge the battery and the other components in the electrical system.

Karl

Ok I think I have found a good cahger maintainer / "DELTRAN WATERPROOF 800 BATTERY TENDER," at around $40.00. This is waterproof and talked about on other websites as a good charger for PWC. Also with this, hate to sound dumb but when I maintain the battery can I leave it in the ski or does it come out? Thanks

Explosive gases.....

If you leave it in the engine compartment, you'll need to leave it open to the atmosphere, so that explosive gases do not build up in the hull of the ski. Might be a good idea to remove your ground cable too.
Myself, I think, if you have to use a maintainer through the riding season, your battery is crap and could leave you stranded. Or if it's new but being run down, then your charging system isn't suppling the 14 vdc that it's suppose to.
Check your charging system with an in-expensive voltmeter. Your battery, replace it if you have to charge it through the summer. IF you take if to "Auto-Zone", they will test it to see how many cells are shot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back