Battery Hookups - 2x12v

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends where you mount, I have an 07 230 and put one battery on each side and then ran each to the selector switch. It was a pretty long run running along all the little turns etc. 15-20’ if I recall. I used the blue seas add a battery stuff and has worked great.

Last edited:
Depends where you mount, I have an 07 230 and put one battery on each side and then ran each to the selector switch. It was a pretty long run running along all the little turns etc. 15-20’ if I recall. I used the blue seas add a battery stuff and has worked great.
Do you have a pic of your port side mount? I have a 2012 230, and thinking about a second battery.

I ended up figuring it out. Having an issue though. I have power in the engine and power up at the fuse box under the dash but no accessory is working. No radio, blower, horn etc...any ideas why?

I ended up figuring it out. Having an issue though. I have power in the engine and power up at the fuse box under the dash but no accessory is working. No radio, blower, horn etc...any ideas why?

How are you wired up? Two batteries in series or parallel or separate? Using the stock selector switch?

How are you wired up? Two batteries in series or parallel or separate? Using the stock selector switch?

2 batteries in parallel, going to a perko 4-way switch.

I have power back to the starters from the common, and there's power off the common to the accessory cluster. I have power at the fuses for the accessories under the helm but nothing is working. Could it be the ground back to the engine from the accessories?

2 batteries in parallel, going to a perko 4-way switch.

I have power back to the starters from the common, and there's power off the common to the accessory cluster. I have power at the fuses for the accessories under the helm but nothing is working. Could it be the ground back to the engine from the accessories?
It could. I would focus on the areas you touched, since it was working before (it was working before, right?). Where did you connect the (-) terminal on the new battery? To the (-) on the old battery, or somewhere else? Also, you Perko should have three positions that should make the accessories work, A, B, and "COMBINED", and one that will make them not work "OFF". Did you try them all?

It could. I would focus on the areas you touched, since it was working before (it was working before, right?). Where did you connect the (-) terminal on the new battery? To the (-) on the old battery, or somewhere else? Also, you Perko should have three positions that should make the accessories work, A, B, and "COMBINED", and one that will make them not work "OFF". Did you try them all?
I hooked up battery 1 to the grounds from the engine and ran a negative off it to battery 2. Both reds from battery 1 and 2 go to each prong on the perko switch.

I tried all positions. I even went back to hook up the old switch to 1 battery as I had it before and still did not work. I had the battery out for the winter as it was in storage so there wasn't a way to tell if it was working before but it was before I put it into storage.

Sounds like something shorted and blew a fuse or tripped a breaker. Youll probably have some in line fused cables off the battery switch which is where I’d start. Also double check your grounds. Make sure they’re tight
Image1619470706.468047.jpg

Re setup: I’ve always referred to batteries in parallel as battery 1 neg to bat 2 neg, bat 1 pos to bat 2 pos. Connection then is: bat 1 neg to ground, bat 2 pos to switch.

It’s different than parallel If you’re running combined negs then a bat 1 pos to post A on switch and bat 2 pos to post B on switch. I run this type of setup.

I hooked up battery 1 to the grounds from the engine and ran a negative off it to battery 2. Both reds from battery 1 and 2 go to each prong on the perko switch.

I tried all positions. I even went back to hook up the old switch to 1 battery as I had it before and still did not work. I had the battery out for the winter as it was in storage so there wasn't a way to tell if it was working before but it was before I put it into storage.
I agree with DooGuy, reset all your breakers under the console (if that is where they are). Some accessories have their own fuse, like the auto bilge pump circuit.
Did battery 1 negative go to the same spot on the engine last year?

So after using a test light on all the fuses and sorting out that I had power everywhere, I ran jumper cables from the accessory ground cluster under the helm back to the battery negative and got the power to the accessories. It seems somehow the ground back from that cluster to the engine had a bad connection or dislodged itself over the winter. Going to run a new ground back and should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back