battery charging in boat ideas...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

imnothot02

Cant decide if this is a good idea or not, more of a minder, not for quick charging or jumping, think i can use it while the batterys are still in the boat?

Battery Tender Waterproof Model

You dont want a trickle charger or a full-rate charger, you want an intelligent float charger like the Battery Tender. Also you want the sealed waterproof model because battery fumes and gas fumes are very explosive and a regular charger makes a spark when it cycles on. Available on ebay

I agree.....

:agree: with Uncle.

I use a battery charger, with a 2 amp setting on occasion. Like the day before I'm going out, but with my hatch open to the atmosphere.

Usually after using it with my trolling motor alot.

so this would be ok, I just didn't want to unhoock them when they get low...mabie once or twice a year when i dont use it for a couple months...

Disconnect.......

No, I do disconnect them from my electrical system. I usually just disconnect the ground.

If you want to leave the battery in place and charge from the boat, then you should buy a battery isolation switch. You can buy them from Walmart (in season) or any marine supply store.

You always need to isolate the electrical system before charging. And if charging in the boat, always maintain proper ventilation. During the charging process, batteries create hydrogen gas through sulfuric acid (battery acid). That is why you see the little vent tube on the battery, connected to the outside...........no vapor build up in the engine compartment while the ski is running and charging the battery.............:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back