Batter Level Low Alarm but battery is fine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmic slopp

New to Sea-Doo and PWCs as a whole but very long-time boater and DIYer.

Got a new 2021 FishPro...(long story but it is new..never been in the water). Anyway, powered it up without running the engine and after about 10 secs, the battery light comes on with the audible long beep. About a minute later the electronics shut completely down. Power it up with engine running and for the duration allowed to run only with the flush, the battery alarm doesn't fire. Obviously, my time to test this is very limited. Shut the engine off and everything seems like it's cleared up with the electronics on and no alarm. About a minute later, the alarm fires, and shortly after that everything is off.

Tested the battery while the engine is off and running...12.5 and 14.5 respectively so everything there appears fine. An observation I noted is when you initially turn on the electrons, you can hear a high pitch whine for a few seconds. At this point, the alarm has not fired. Then that same sound happens again for just a second then the battery alarm fires. Guessing that is the fuel injection system priming based on the approximate location of the source My Merc 8.1 Horizons did basically the same thing.

Also worth noting again, this is a new vessel...less than half an hour (was started a few times a month in the driveway). Maybe related to break-in??????

Anyway, sorry for the long post and that's all I got. Any ideas??

Based on my experience with car batteries, volts reading is not a true indicator of battery status. You need to load test volts + amps. A bad battery (bad cell or two) can read 12v, but not have enough amps or wattage to sustain the electronics or starter. I would take it to as shop with a load tester.

I read somewhere that the Fish Pro Trophy model has 2 batteries to Help power the larger and additional electronics. The other Fish Pro models still have a single battery.

I think you are correct as mine only has one. Anyway, simple issue. My multimeter is about +.5 volts out of calibration. Took the batt to two different parts stores and both read around 12v. Charged it back up and my meter now reads 13.2 and I get no alarm. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back