bad piston

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhhuh44

i have a 96 gsx. i recently found out one cylinder has 0 compression and one with 150. i took off the heads and discovered the top of the piston in rough shape. can i just replace piston

You can. But if it was mine I wouldn't. Check the cylinder walls real good, if theres a hole in the piston, chances are the cylinder walls are scuffed up pretty bad. That mean you'll have to bore and when you do that you'll have to do both anyways w/ oversized pistons.

BTW what caused the hole? :confused:

I re read your post, you didn't mention a hole. But.....w/ 0 compression I'm sure there is one on the side somewhere. Pull the cylinders off and take a look. If your gonna do it, I would do both even if you don't have to bore over so they would both be new and would be the same.

Also, fix what caused or it will happen again.:cheers:

could it be from not getting the correct gas flow the filter in the carb you couldnt even blow air threw it

yah...leaned out and piston melted/rings collapsed. if anyhting, get cylinder "honed" out for 10-15 buks,..walls may look good, but when cleaned/honed, mech, then show you high/low sides of walls, or crack/s...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back