Bad Gas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Dclong15

I just put a stage 1 kit form Riva Racing on my 2020 Sea Doo GTX limited. We took it out yesterday and it only reached around 60 mph and around 6800 rpm. Checked all installed parts to see if I installed correctly and looks like I did. I checked impeller and wear ring to see if it had any damaged. This is the first time we took it out since last winter so it was full of gas. Does anyone think the lack of performace was do to bad gas. So is there no need to jump to conclusion until we run the old gas out and get some new 93 octane in it.

Should drain it now if you put any mods requiring 93 fuel you will grenade the motor.if you can't drain the gas then drive it very easy.knock sensor can only do so much

I was unable to drain bad gas. Took it out and seem to run fine was only able to still reach 6800 rpm and when I would accelerate real hard a check engine light would come on. Would turn off ski and start again and as long as I did't accelerate real fast the check engine wouldn't light up. Does any one know where I should start trouble shooting?

Go and pick up a expensive 5 gallon pail of v.p sef non ethanol fuel dump it in with a bottle of quicksilver quickleen.run it easy for a bit.what do the spark plugs look like?

Back