are XP speed wheels/sensor interchangeable?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

big929

hey guys,

just bought a 2000 xp race ski. I noticed the speed wheel/sensor thing is in need of replacing, there are earlier (1997 models) on ebay and are the complete unit for only $50 or so.

thanks
adam

the paddle wheels are interchangeable but many of the sensors themselves are not, there are several versions, some with the lake water temp sender in them as well.

thanks for the reply :)

how can u tell which sensor it is? i just paid for one off ebay from a 1996 SeaDoo GTX, probably wrong though lol

96 GTX is a 3 wire system with lake water temp, the 00 XP is a 2 wire system w/out water temp. However, they use the same internal components electronically(actually magnetic inductance) speed sensor system so it will still work. The tan wire is the water temp signal, so you won't hook that one up, the purple/yellow and black wires will match. You actually got lucky, a 95 gtx 3 wire system is completely different.

Better to be lucky than good, I guess.

If you bought a Race ski i highly doubt the guy ever looked at the dreamometer. Doesn't that ski have a tach? That is the best tool for tuning a 2 stroke. A dreamometer is not, waste of money. You get these guys on the forums saying "my ski does 70 and it's stock" No you were turning to the right and it makes the paddle wheel spin alot faster...:redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back