Are these Rave O-rings different diameters?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigJake

The '97 GSX Rave o-ring (part #4 in the diagram) Seadoo Part # 290430110 costs $3.89

The 2000 Rave o-ring (part # 4 and 8 in the second diagram) Part # 420931765 is $.95

In the diagram they both appear to slide over the Rave stem. Can someone confirm they are really different diameters and not interchangable? I assume they are different diameters but just want to conform before spending an extra $12 to buy 4 of them for my 96 and 97

Attachments

• 97 gsx.png
    97 gsx.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 3
  • spring clamp.png
    spring clamp.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 3
They are different engines and part numbers so they are not the same.
Thanks miki, I assumed so, but just wanted to confirm. It seems that I replace the Rave O-rings every couple years on the two skis due to oil leaking out one or two or the rave housings. Is that normal for the O-rings to need replaced that frequently, or is it more likely that my rave housings have worn and need replaced? These days I only put a couple hours a year on the skis so didn't really want to spend $400 on rave housings, so I'm figuring I'll just replace the O-rings again. etemplet suggested putting the retainer springs around the bottom of the bellows (like they have in later year models). I was going to try that, but it seems that will really just cause any oil leaking past the O-rings to build up inside the bellows instead of leaking out of the Rave housing. The threads are melted out of one plastic cap on each ski too, but I'm not sure if that really affects performance that much or not since the compression spring on top is pushing them closed as necessary anyway? I'm guessing the performance wise, the important thing is that the raves are opening properly, which they seem to be. Interesting that on later models they added a second compression spring inside the bellows.

The o-rings typically do not cause the oil leaks. The diaphragms not sealing cause to oil leak.
Bad o-rings can result in melted RAVE piston caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back