are the drive shaft different diameter,,on a gti se 130 vs higher hp pwc of same year??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

motoring

looking to use a bellows from a higher hp do to two seal changes and still a mist water leak from carbon seal.
dealer said the engine alenment good lol im waiting for tools to do alignment myself.
but the question is the same if anyone would know are the shaft diameters the same from from a gti se130 vs higher hp skiis?

Yes, the driveshafts are different diameters. The more hp, the larger the diameter gets. Three different diameter sizes total.

Yes, the driveshafts are different diameters. The more hp, the larger the diameter gets. Three different diameter sizes total.
i would guess my se 130 has the smallest diameter ? i would also guess the splines on the pto and impeller
are larger. would the pump housing be the same. im looking to buy a spare drive shaft and pump what years are compatible? im guessing my pump is 155 mm ?
thank for helping out

The 130/155 has the smallest diameter driveshaft of the 4tecs. The impeller spline diameter also gets larger when the shaft diameter gets larger but the pto spline diameter is the same for all 4tecs. Pump housings are basically the same 155mm for all 4tecs but they have plastic and aluminum versions which have different wear rings as well as slightly different for iBR setups. Also the larger hp engines have slightly larger impeller outer diameters which means thinner wear rings.
For the SE 130, it depends on the year as to what driveshafts are interchangeable but 2009 and newer all use the same driveshaft so any 130/155 will work.

The 130/155 has the smallest diameter driveshaft of the 4tecs. The impeller spline diameter also gets larger when the shaft diameter gets larger but the pto spline diameter is the same for all 4tecs. Pump housings are basically the same 155mm for all 4tecs but they have plastic and aluminum versions which have different wear rings as well as slightly different for iBR setups. Also the larger hp engines have slightly larger impeller outer diameters which means thinner wear rings.
For the SE 130, it depends on the year as to what driveshafts are interchangeable but 2009 and newer all use the same driveshaft so any 130/155 will work.

thanks i believe i have it. my ski is a 2018 gti se130, the wear ring is blue if that tells any thing its out of ski now im doing carbon ring should i measure any thing now i guess i will count splines as many measurements as possible with my caliper if i go look at a used one ill have to measure to reduce my chances of getting stuck. my shaft is steel magnet sticks, pretty sure the housing is plastic. ill count the vanes and impeller splines ,impeller has 4 blades, according to operator or shop manual it a 12/18 ill double check that but according to my book the 130 and 155 use same impeller pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back