Anyone used lucas snowmobile oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Add long as it's api-tc rated its fine, but do not use it if it's also tcw3 rated as well. A dual rated oil is no good

Do you know why the Britt's like warm Beer?

Because they have Lucas refrigerators! Rave engines should use synthetic low ash oils.

Bills86e

This oil is full synthetic?

Lucas Synthetic 2-Cycle Snowmobile has been formulated with a special blend of synthetic oils and a low ash additive package to lower exhaust emissions. It also contains a special package of detergents and lubricants exclusive to this formula alone. Especially designed for snowmobile applications but can be used in all 2-Cycle applications where low ash systems are required. Contains supplemental additives to provide high performance in equipment with power valves as well as excellent cold temperature properties.

As far as specifications that oil meets the requirements of the 951 being a Full Synthetic low ash API-TC oil.

The problem is that it is a PRE-MIX oil. it even states that in the Directions. Nowhere does it say injector oil. My guess is that it is too thick for the oil injection system.

As far as specifications that oil meets the requirements of the 951 being a Full Synthetic low ash API-TC oil.

The problem is that it is a PRE-MIX oil. it even states that in the Directions. Nowhere does it say injector oil. My guess is that it is too thick for the oil injection system.
"Should" make no difference. Snowmobile oil is a different viscosity so that it pours at -32 iirc. And xps-II for your seadoo is the same for your skidoo, same yellow jug. I run xps2 as pre mix in my speedster. Older skidoo sleds are premix and they run the current xps mineral oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know Racer. Being a Californian on the coast all my life I have never even seen a snowmobile except the emergency ones on the Sierra ski slopes.

From my experience the premix oils are thicker and most are not compatible with oil injection from my 2-stroke dirt bike days.

Like i said though no experience with snowmobiles or that cold of temperatures.

Its definitely states in the PDF that its designed to be used in oil injection systems (bottom of second to last paragraph)

Its definitely states in the PDF that its designed to be used in oil injection systems (bottom of second to last paragraph)

In that case I think you found a great new seadoo oil.:thumbsup:

And it is only $31.99 a gallon through Summit Racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know Racer. Being a Californian on the coast all my life I have never even seen a snowmobile except the emergency ones on the Sierra ski slopes.

From my experience the premix oils are thicker and most are not compatible with oil injection from my 2-stroke dirt bike days.

Like i said though no experience with snowmobiles or that cold of temperatures.

I didn't know they had sleds in Aussieland, that's really messed up in my mind, LOL

Thanks again for your help mate. Yeah its pretty weird there isnt many places that get snow here think there are about 5 mountains that get a bit on top for a few months a year. Its a good 12 hour drive for me to see snow

Ah, OK. I was just wondering if 2-stroke oil had ratings like 4-stroke oil.

Benji.

Not that I know of. It just has to still flow at low temps. I know the synthetics are better at this but a lot of people still use mineral oil in the sleds too.

For 2 strokes it is more of a separation of the performance rating like APT-TC and TCW-2, synthetic or mineral, and premix or injector. Some of the more common premix oils are too thick for injection like Klotz Super and Maxima Super M.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Klotz in the morning. Reminds me of being 16 ripping up the lake at 6am on my JS650SX.

Just a update for all that were interested. Been using it for a couple months now, ski has been running fine with lucas snowmobile oil through the stock oil pump, rave valves look good (pulled them out alot in the 1st 30min to check they had plenty of lube and check every ride now anayway) compression hasnt changed. Might be a cheap option for anyone willing to change from xps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back