Any Scarab 195 feedback?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

MotoBoat223

Just wondering if we have any 195 owners that could give us some reviews on these babies? The 195 impulse is in my sights but I have to say I was hoping for HP comparable to a Speedster. Looks like better quality than Sea Doo on the interior.

I bought a 14 impulse 195 topped out around 38-40. if it gives you an idea on how I liked the boat, I traded the boat in already..... lol

I bought a 14 impulse 195 topped out around 38-40. if it gives you an idea on how I liked the boat, I traded the boat in already..... lol

Get a different boat? Sticking with just the skis?

Ok, I do like the scarab 195. I have had a few Seadoo 180 challengers and I like this size a lot better than the 180. I think the 210 might be too large for my needs and the 180 a little too small. The boat seem to handle the waves better and is wider also. I dont understand the HP ratings beacause it the same engine as the 180 but they says it 200 and not 215 like the seadoo. I dont know if its because of the catalitic converter or if rotax was just enflating the HP for seadoo.

I looked at the Scarab 195 at a boat show in 2017 - liked it and the size - however I saw a Chapparal 203 VRXVortex with twin Rotaxs at the show this year (2019) and I like it and some of its' features even better. Pretty pricy though and my 2009 180SE would be a small down payment. Does anyone know of a second hand VRX for sale?

i know this is old but thought i would add to it since i was always looking for this info. i have a 2019 195 wake with the 300hp and it will do 49-to 50mph

The 165 scarab ID looks great but I don’t like the other models. The glass windshield ruins it for me. Rear facing seats are cool though on all the models. The bland color schemes are weak however. And why is there no model with a front filler cushion or lounge area?

The 165 scarab ID looks great but I don’t like the other models. The glass windshield ruins it for me. Rear facing seats are cool though on all the models. The bland color schemes are weak however. And why is there no model with a front filler cushion or lounge area?
There is a front filler on the 195. My boat has it. It's just another option you need to look for...just like the table and the door to shut the front off from the back part of the boat

Check out this link. I love the new challenger x/2000 but in Scarab form. It’s called the 195 scarab. The only problem is the 195 ID wake is only for European customers right?! Americans only get the 215?

Check out this link - they need to get rid of that windshield though and go back to the cowls/deflectors or at least a smaller windshield

Last edited:
With the filler cushion in you can crawl underneath for a quickie with the girlfriend lol or have extra storage nice. Great boat man. Is that the 18ft 195? Or the 19 1/2 foot? I hope they make a wake edition with a lower windshield in the future, maybe like the 165.

this is my boat right off the show room floor..

Back