Another xp di that won't go over 25 mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pickle8486

Ok guys here's the lowdown on my 2004 seadoo xp di. completely rebuilt 951 black engine with 2 hours of break in time.

Had it taken to the local seadoo dealer and serviced by their master mechaninc and ok'ed. They set timing, cleaned out the gas i had in it, and bled the oil injection pump,they tank tested it and said everything looked good.. i installed the engine and had them do a once over of it. 3 weeks ago it had 140 psi in both cylinders , today i pulled compression and it only had 130 lbs in both cylinders. The plugs are dark but not fouled. i am running premix in the gas also, i put just 2 pints of seadoo synthetic in with the gas and filled it up with premium.

over the weekend it would not get over 25 mph, no warning lights or nothing. i just finished checking the fuel pressure and its fine, 27lbs initial and 100+ with engine rev'ed a tad. the needle did bounce alot at idle between 70-90 lbs. i thought it was the pump but apparently not. With no lights on and in my opinion a pretty significant decrease in psi on compression i am wondering if the oil injection pump is working. i did bench test the pump with a high speed drill and it was bled by the mechanic ,but i wonder. it starts and idles fine, at aprox 1600rpm out of water. i did a quick rev up to see if it would reach higher rpms(yes i know its bad) and with a quick 1 second punch of the throttle it got to 5720 rpm probably would have went higher but i didnt want to hold it on it. Also i am getting 13.1 volts charging while running so the rectifier seems to be good. whats next? any help would be greatly appreciated. I just hate to take it back to the mechanic but that might be my only option. opinions? ideas?

btw, the 951 is a p.i.t.a. to put in versus the 787 rfi in my gti, it went off without a hitch in 3 hours.The 951 took over a day, and whats up with the exhaust bolts and nuts?:bs:

ok the dealer found my issue, it was the rave valve solenoid. it was causing my rave valves to open as soon as the engine was fired up. the part is on order and hopefully it will be up and running this time next week. so if you guys are having a loss of power and the plugs look oily, you've checked the basics, fuelpressure, compression, rectifier there might be an issue with the rave valves. He was telling me springs on the rave valves can break, plus the rave valves can get gummed up and stay open or closed not allowing maximum rpm. fyi guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back