Another winterization ? For 96 xp 800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt1350

I am having trouble getting anti freeze into my motor. I follow all the steps I've read as far as stabil In the fuel, cylinder fogging and putting the battery on a trickle charger. But I can't seem to get anti freeze into the motor. I pulled the red cap off the flush plug and tried to gravity feed the system with a long hose and funnel full of rv antifreeze. It wouldn't draw anything out of the funnel. My buddy said start the motor for a few seconds...I did and It still wouldn't draw anything from the funnel. I pulled a few random hoses off the pipe and head thinking maybe it would "vent" and let the anti freeze flow thru the funnel into the motor. No luck. Do u need to feed the anti freeze with pressure or something? I don't understand why gravity with the funnel and a long hose won't fill the cooling system. I feel like a dumb ass with all the posts on this topic, but I must be missing something and just want to make sure I get it prepared for a cold ass michigan winter. Thanks guys

I just unhook the hose from the pump, pinch the other hose, and pour antifreeze in with a funnel. Make sure you're holding it higher than the motor.

Fixed. Thanks guys. I had to unhook the hose as MLARS suggested. It took the anti freeze right down after that. The port with the red cap didnt work for shit. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back