717 water blow out.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faceplant 2

First post . I have a 1997 GS with a 717 motor. Motor won't start and I will not be able to look at it until spring. Always start it a few times to blow the water out of the water box and then add RV anti freeze. Obviously with me not being able to start it I won't be able to blow out extra water. Can you blow the lines out backwards with a compressor to get the excess water out and then add RV anti freeze ? Thanx in advance.

not a good idea....excess water could be blown right into the cylinders from the exhaust area...they need to be running to do this properly when we winterize them ...put it inside someplace warm until you can fix it or it will freeze up and cause alot of damage....I see it every spring in my shop !

Options…from doing this for decades,,,turn the motor into a “can”,,,put hose pinchers on the drain line(s).,,,pinch the inlet or outlet cooling line,,,,remove the highest bleed pisser hose,,,then pour straight anti-freeze till to dribbles out the highest pisser,,,the one that you have removed,,,e basic notion is to turn the motor into a can,,,with a vent at the top that allows you to fill a can with a fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back