Another new Spark owner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rv245

Just bought a new spark, should be here in 2 weeks. Excited to get it but now need a way to get it home. I was hoping to find a good used trailer within the next week or two before I pick it up at the dealer. I guess my question is what trailer to get that will work with the ski. My son's friend has an old shoreline trailer that I could use. I asked another dealer and he said that newer trailers will not work with the spark. He said that the shoreline might work depending on the year. So right now out in left field without a trailer. I was hoping on a 2 place. Any particular trailer and year that I can use?

I purchased new spark trailer with it at dealership? Trailer was only 1k licenced. Used could. Not be found local much cheaper.

Posted by my Droid

its a normal sized ski but light, frankly any 'standard pwc' trailer should work fine and be $300 ish ? for a single.

i have no idea why a dealer would say they won't work on any new trailer... that kind of baffles me ...

Just bought a new spark, should be here in 2 weeks. Excited to get it but now need a way to get it home. I was hoping to find a good used trailer within the next week or two before I pick it up at the dealer. I guess my question is what trailer to get that will work with the ski. My son's friend has an old shoreline trailer that I could use. I asked another dealer and he said that newer trailers will not work with the spark. He said that the shoreline might work depending on the year. So right now out in left field without a trailer. I was hoping on a 2 place. Any particular trailer and year that I can use?

Sounds like he was talking out of his a**...Any pwc trailer will work...just make sure it has wheels, bunks, winches, tow coupler, and some lights and it will work...

its a normal sized ski but light, frankly any 'standard pwc' trailer should work fine and be $300 ish ? for a single.

i have no idea why a dealer would say they won't work on any new trailer... that kind of baffles me ...

I got the same thing when I looked at them at the dealership.

They were trying to sell really cheap harbor freight looking trailers. They looked to be bolt together.

I asked what about their standard trailers, they explained that they wouldn't fit. I think the spark is so short it just leaves too much space on the back.

Is there a thing as too much tongue weight (with a spark)?

I got the same thing when I looked at them at the dealership.

They were trying to sell really cheap harbor freight looking trailers. They looked to be bolt together.

I asked what about their standard trailers, they explained that they wouldn't fit. I think the spark is so short it just leaves too much space on the back.

Is there a thing as too much tongue weight (with a spark)?

they weigh 400lbs so there is definitely no issue with too much tongue weight....as for their length...the 2 up is roughly 9ft and the 3up is roughly 10ft....a yamaha vx110 is 10.5ft so the 3up spark is literally 8" shorter...there is no way that is going to make a trailer unusable...I use my trailer which used to haul vx110's for my sparks now...no problems...

the only thing I will say about the spark is that THEY MUST BE TIED DOWN ON THE REAR because they are so lightweight...u might get away with no tiedowns on a boat or even fiberglass jetskis, but you are playing with fire if you don't use tiedowns on the Sparks...

Back