An old salt. New to jetboats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stomp10

Hi all, I signed up here cuz Seadoos and Sugar Sand Sport Jets are somewhat related. Kind of like second cousins maybe.
I recently bought this boat to carry me through retirement... Hopefully that will happen in the next few months.
I lucked out with this one. She has been well maintained and run quite a bit over the years. In my opinion, that helps to improve longevity\survivability on marine equipment, but I'm certainly no expert.
Bought this little boat at the end of season 2019, so, really haven't had it on the water yet but have been going over it, fixing issues as I find them. The thing I like most about this boat is its simplicity. I just can't say enough about that.
I also signed up here to get a hold of one of those extended ride plates to help improve that little design flaw with these hulls. Also not looking to be spending an arm and a leg on it either. I'm also personally not crazy about smart tabs, as I'm not too crazy about drilling a bunch of holes in my transom either. I'm just funny like that. The ride plate seems to be the most cost effective solution to this problem, so I am thrilled to have found these... Thanks Aquaman1!

Haha, minor detail....
My apologies. It is a’97 Sugar Sand Tango with the 175hp Merc Sport Jet package

The Tango is a really cool boat, not sure who copied who but the Tango is very much like the early Seadoo boats, taken to the next level.

If I’m not mistaken, the Sugar Sand brand started it all. Early hulls were all hand laid, which I belive is carried on in today’s models as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back