Amps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

easygoing

Has anyone mounted an amp in the glove before? Trying to fighure out the best place to mount....is it easier to pull power, ground to amp in glove or pull rcas to the deck from amp mounted in engine compartment? Any ideas?

i got an 06 challenger and i plan on doing this as soon as i put a 1 2 or both switch in with a second bat! i and going to mount mine in the glove box on the back side of it! im thinking of putting a vent fan in as well for the heat! i plan on taking the power off of the lead for the radio! it should be fine because i dont plan on running subs! im just going to run 6 5in rounds!

Look at my thread further down. I think you can do pretty much the same thing I did. I mounted the amp below the cooler and ran the cables to the back of the boat.

http://seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=15966

Here is a pic too.

amp.jpg

I definitely would not power the amp off the radio power wire. You are asking for major damage to either units or burning up your boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
go for the glove box

Yeah the Glove box is the place to mount. A small computer fan will help keep air circulating in there too. Ice in the cooler will also aid in keeping the compartment cool as well. I ran 4 gauge wires to the amp in the glove box, and I think Rfoster did that too. Worked out really well.

Ended up with the amp mounted on the backside of seats.
Took the top pod thing off (passenger) screws off glove and bolt off backside. seem to work out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back