Almost Sunk Seadoo... EVERYTHING okay?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSXLimited623

Hey yall took the seadoo out for a test ride before the summer today...

Ran GREAT, then realized i was sitting real low.... and figured out i did not finish tightening one of the drain plugs! the water was below the top of the cylinder heads just above the battery and all... it was only there for about 5 minutes and we got it all drained out...

started right back up and road it around for about 10 more minutes... started out running okay then got warmed back up i guess and ran like a champ until I got it trailered back up...

Got home and no water in the cylinders or anything and it instantly starts right up every time...

NOW is there ANY way something could be hiding from me?? most importantly like the starter? any way water could be in there and slowly kill it? or do yall think it's all good since it starts right up everytime and is turning over very strong.

Thanks

Some pictures from today just for laughs haha sittin a litte low!

Attachments

• DSCF2218.JPG
    DSCF2218.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF2213.JPG
    DSCF2213.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 52
Ride, Ride, and more ride!!!!!

Hey yall took the seadoo out for a test ride before the summer today...

Ran GREAT, then realized i was sitting real low.... and figured out i did not finish tightening one of the drain plugs! the water was below the top of the cylinder heads just above the battery and all... it was only there for about 5 minutes and we got it all drained out...

started right back up and road it around for about 10 more minutes... started out running okay then got warmed back up i guess and ran like a champ until I got it trailered back up...

Got home and no water in the cylinders or anything and it instantly starts right up every time...

NOW is there ANY way something could be hiding from me?? most importantly like the starter? any way water could be in there and slowly kill it? or do yall think it's all good since it starts right up everytime and is turning over very strong.

Thanks

Some pictures from today just for laughs haha sittin a litte low!

No, you did a good job, now go out there and start it again.

The Rotax electrical systems are sealed and water resistance. That doesn't mean waterproof, but resistant.

The best thing to do when you submerge or flip is to ride it as much as possible when you get it righted back up or the water removed. The heat generated from the motor will dry out everything that should not be wet.

When you park it, grab a can of WD-40 and start spraying..... spray the entire motor.........all linkages; everything. WD is displaces water.

It sounds like you did all of what you needed. Just keep a good check on it to make sure your thru hull seal isn't leaking. You'll need to put a pump or two of grease in it..........:cheers:

SeadooSnipe thank you for the quick and accurate response! I just breathed a sigh of relief.. haha I started it up about 5 times out of the water this evening and every time starts right up.. idling a bit high it seems? but everything else seems well and i guess im gonna go ahead and do the WD 40 right now

I'll keep ya updated!

Take the lid off of the rear electrical box and make sure there is no water in there.

Chester

Take the lid off of the rear electrical box and make sure there is no water in there.

Chester

yes,it will rust and corrode the connections,and wash the engine with soap and water first,they dry it before you spray wd40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back