alittle Help is needed - No spark 97 Challanger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ob1kubota

I just purchased this clean challanger thinking it was just plugs. Its got great compression but no spark, I insert the lanyard and get 3 beeps then I crank to start, I tried 2 new spark plugs and rested them on the head bolts but no spart, I checked all of the fuses under the hood un the grey box as well as in the dash, all are clean and not open.

Welcome, I just learned that the "Most Important" thing in my boat is a "Completely Recharged OR New Battery", no if, ands, or buts.
A new or completely recharged battery (tested at Autozone), is a must.

After that, remove spark plugs and try to turn over without spark plugs, also, I just learned the hard way, is to "Completely Read Your Boats Manual" I cant stress the importance of this 2 things. Become a premium member and download your manual, youll love me later.

On a seadoo boat, they have whats called a nuetral safety switch. Make sure the shifter is in the "N" position, then try to start the craft again. What leads me to believe its something else, is do to the fact, you mentioned that you got 3-beeps. I'm not sure what 3-beeps indicate, but 2-beeps, mean your landyard/mpem, are communicating with each other.

If you've drawn a conclusion, that, you do not have spark, then locate the igniting coil (spark plug wires attach to), and disconnect the white wire. Have in your possession a light tester, and while hitting the start button, testlight the white wire. No light equals, possibly a broken pickup sensor located inside the mag cover, OR, stator assy is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back