Air leak around oil pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoodle

So I performed a pressure test on the engine and found air leaking out from around the oil pump. In the shop manual (1992), it shows that there is supposed to be an o-ring to seal the oil pump. But on the later year seadoos, they use a gasket between the oil pump. Should I go to a hardware store and buy the o-ring, or can I get away with just using the gasket found on new models? I feel like the gasket is an improvement over the O-ring, but I know the gasket thickness might impact the alignment of the oil pump to the RV teeth. Any suggestions?

If you're pressure testing the engine correctly, and there's air leaking from around the oil pump, I'd be more inclined to think you have a crankshaft seal leak

Okay, after reading the op, this is an older ski that the oil pump drives off the rotary valve gear, not the front of the crankshaft. Not sure what would be causing that leak Replace the o ring and test it again. Sorry for the bad info first time around

Yes, you are correct. I figured it out. I just put some grease on the o ring and torqued it down and that stopped the leak. I just now discovered that one of the oil line barbs on the RV cover was leaking air. I didn't realize how frustrating pressure testing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back