Air filters should I clean/oil or replace?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DooGuy

Debating if I want to clean and oil or buy new. both have a couple minor pinches. See pictures all for saving some money but willing to shell out if needed.

IMG_0931.JPGIMG_0930.JPGIMG_0929.JPG
IMG_0927.JPG

As long as the red filter material isn't separating anywhere, you can clean and reapply the filter oil from K&N. If you want to replace, I figured out the generic K&N number instead of buying from Seadoo, which they are around $120 each. Bought mine on Amazon for $48 each. Here is the information:

K&N Universal Clamp-On Air Intake Filter: High Performance, Premium, Washable, Replacement Air Filter: Flange Diameter: 3 In, Filter Height: 5 In, Flange Length: 0.625 In, Shape: Round, RU-2430​

Thank you, Forgot I posted this. Yeah I opted to clean and re-oil, the metal mesh on out side had some bends but was able to straighten out, fabric was good.IMG_1018.JPG

Before and after
281ECB0F-0EE2-4508-AE75-4E3F8746825F.jpg

I forgot to mention, if you plan on cleaning and oiling, make sure you follow the recommended amount of oil on the filter. Too much and you run the risk of getting that stuff into you throttle body.

I forgot to mention, if you plan on cleaning and oiling, make sure you follow the recommended amount of oil on the filter. Too much and you run the risk of getting that stuff into you throttle body.

Yeah the instructions are not the clearest. If anything I went a bit under and let them sit on paper towels a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back