AGM battery charging

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRei

So got a parts unlimited AGM battery for my RFI . Top of battery states how to maintain it. Dumb question here is do I need to use a AGM charger? I used a conventional over the winter. Does it have any affect on the battery?? If I need a AGM charger/ maintainer what is best ??? Straighten me out here guys thanks

A conventional charger is fine. Actually... I like "Dumb" chargers for the AGM batteries. You can push them, and help keep the sulfate down.

As far as a maintainer... stay away from them. it can boil a battery dry, and kill them prematurely. I recommend just checking the battery every few months over the winter, and charge properly as needed. Heck... my boat sits all winter long, and will get a charge in the spring. No other maintenance when cold. (and my batteries are on their 7th season) For my smaller toys with little AGM batteries... I find they need a charge about every 3 months in the winter. I can get 4 to 6 years on them that way.

Oh... leave the battery in the toy... just disconnect the negative wire to keep parasitic drain down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back