Add on Speedometer and Tach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange

I just bought a 3D. It doesn't come with gauges. I want to add a speedometer. Anyone know of a simple add on speedometer?

Also thought about adding a tach, I was thinking the mini-tach, as it's simple to install, any alternatives?

Anyone know of a combo gauge that can do both speed and engine rpm? Maybe a digital gauge.

Thanks

Gauges?.....

That would be kinda hard putting something on one of these since the handle bar is movable up and down and it's basically a stand-up with the ability to squat down............so, I don't know if there is something you could do that's user friendly or not.

The engine is on a rev limiter so you don't have to worry about over taching it.

If you really wanted to do the tach, then you could probably find someplace to mount it and hook it up to the mag side, pick up coil for giving you a reading.:cheers:

Yeah, I was looking for an install location, going to be tough finding one. It's a cool machine though, can't wait to get it in the water. Lots of good ideas used on the 3D... they should have intergrated the ideas into more pwcs.

3D.....?

I don't know about integrating it into more of the PWC's because there is an element of instability in them. As a stand up, its more like a dirt bike. But, with the power of the supercharged 4 TEC's, I'd be afraid that with that power and speed, it would be swamped. Those things turning upside down is not good for those motors...

The 787 RFI motors are a perfect fit for the 3D. I don't know a whole lot about them, not many people in the forum have them, so I'm not sure if you can get them with any other power plant...............:cheers:

Might be alittle late now.... but since you got a rev limiter you can go with just speedo and use gps there are pretty cheap units that give mph and more just runs on batteries and mount it anywhere.. now just figure out the water proof part!!!

Yeah, I took my handheld GPS out last time (No Speedo/tach) and held it in my hand while riding with my grandson, who was driving. Pretty neat to check max speed with WFO but I don't see the necessity of having it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back