A New Twist

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

canadabob

Hi again:

Following up on earlier advice and what I've since read in the owners manual. Earlier I posted:

Hi all...I'm new to the forum, so I apologise if this issue has been dealt with previously. I am a new owner of a 2008 Seadoo Challenger SE (only 16 hours on the boat). I just took delivery of it yesterday. It had been in winter storeage. Naturally I had it out yesterday, things seemed to be working nicely, and after about 20 minutes on the water there as a single long warning beep and the check engine message started coming on. It also displayed a code "P-0111".

If anyone has any idea what the problem would be I'd appreciate any advice.

I got some great responses for which I am thankful.

Someone looked up the code and found that it was "Intake manifold temp sensor Faulty"

I have since messed around a bit with the boat. Went out today and again got the same warning. But I also read the owners manual about fluid checking. It said that oiled should be checked when the boat is at a running temperature, not cold. So I did and found the levels 30 mins after running it were about an inch above the top level. Am I reading the manual right? I did an oil level test when the boat was cold before and it was in the range.

If there is too much oil ...(stupid newbie) how do i deal with that problem?

Any help would be appreciated

Yeah, I would grab yourself an oil/fluid pump and take out the extra, CT or walmart sell them for around $20-$25, you will need them if you plan on doing your own oil change anyway. You just stick the tube in the dipstick hole and suck some of the oil out, just do a bit at a time and keep checking levels. Also how 'level' the boat was while checking will have an impact on the oil level too, its possible easier to do with the boat on the trailer and hooked up to the hose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back