99 seadoo xp ltd premix

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca86

Hi guys I'm new on this site have just purchased my first jetski 99seadoo a bombardier xp Limited. wanted to know if I can remove the oil tank to convert to premix if I put a block off plate by the pump because I do not know if this Rotax 947 951 engine needs oil in the crankcase or only the rave valves require oil lubrication on this type of engine.want to do this because I'm cleaning the carbs and while I'm there i want to converted to premix only to prevent engine failure in the future due to oil pump failure.thanks in advance for help

Does it have OIL live Going to the Crankcase...

make a Loop From Bottom to Top.. and Fill 90% Full

and Change Once a Year!!

My .02 Hope it Helps ya

Does it have OIL live Going to the Crankcase...

make a Loop From Bottom to Top.. and Fill 90% Full

and Change Once a Year!!

My .02 Hope it Helps ya

The 951 has a reed intake system, not a rotary valve system.

Yup, dump the pump, install block off kit, and premix between 40/50-1

thanks for the responses, the oil tank you can remove it or not, or need for only rave valve lubricant and what tools to use to remove the carburetors?:)

remove the oil tank, or connect it to the existing fuel tank, for more storage..:reddevil:

Locate where the little oil lines go to on the manifold, and plug those up with caps and zipties.

remove the oil tank, or connect it to the existing fuel tank, for more storage..:reddevil:

Locate where the little oil lines go to on the manifold, and plug those up with caps and zipties.

if I remove the oil tank can i make a little reservoir for the oil that goes direct in to the oil lines close to the rave valves to keep them lubricated?and another thing do i need to remove the small solenoid where the two oil lines that go to the rave valves?:confused:thanks in advance for your help:)

NOPE.........those lines "should" have air pressure in it, thats what the solenoids' for.

NOPE.........those lines "should" have air pressure in it, thats what the solenoids' for.

I did not know that the solenoid was for air pressure for the opening and closing on the rave valves. I thought it was the oil solenoid to lubricate the rave valves sorry:(I'm starting to disassemble the carbs,what tools needed?and another ting should I remove the exhaust to complete this project?:(

no need to remove the exhaust. Top/left of pipe is a metal flap, pull it back to dislodge the airbox, remove the ductings, and snorkel out the airlid. You'll need to undo the straps holding the oil resivoir, and throw resivoir to the side/out of ski, to remove the airlid.

i just finished rebuilding the carburetors. i am going to put the block off plate.
once i have the oil pump off what do i have to do from there besides putting the block plate on? do i need to remove the magnito cover to remove the gear from the oil pump or not:confused:

no need to remove the exhaust. Top/left of pipe is a metal flap, pull it back to dislodge the airbox, remove the ductings, and snorkel out the airlid. You'll need to undo the straps holding the oil resivoir, and throw resivoir to the side/out of ski, to remove the airlid.

i just finished rebuilding the carburetors. i am going to put the block off plate.
once i have the oil pump off what do i have to do from there besides putting the block plate on? do i need to remove the magnito cover to remove the gear from the oil pump or not:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back